More transfer rumours

midds

Just now, KaKa said:

Man, I am going to back Howe's judgement with whoever he brings in.

Think a lot of you are setting yourselves up to be disappointed, if you think we are now above signing the likes of McNeil as a young backup option.

I think if we manage to move on the likes of Almiron and Murphy we will look at bringing in a back up player in that position along with the first teamers we are already looking at there.

Going to be an interesting summer. 

I think you may be disappointed if you think we would spend big on McNeil to be back up, we haven’t got a squad for that to be the case.

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I think you may be disappointed if you think we would spend big on McNeil to be back up, we haven’t got a squad for that to be the case.

Who said anything about spending big? They've just been relegated.

Besides as I said he's one I would only see coming in if we move on the likes of Almiron and Murphy, who are the current backups.

Just now, KaKa said:

Who said anything about spending big? They've just been relegated.

Besides as I said he's one I would only see coming in if we move on the likes of Almiron and Murphy, who are the current backups.

They will want at least 20 million for him, young English tax and all that. My point is we aren’t in a position where we will spend that on a backup player, and if he signs I think it would be as a starter and for me he isn’t the answer.

7 hours ago, reefatoon said:

The last two players we have signed from Burnley have been absolute splodge. Avoid them at all costs.

7 hours ago, xLiaaamx said:

Aye. Imagine looking at Hendrick and Wood and thinking "I'm sure 38 games 0 goals Dwight McNeil will work out this time!" 

Get as far away from Burnley players as we can. McNeil has worse numbers than the players we're trying to move on. 

This is an incredibly simple way of analysing a player because he happens to have played in the same team man. My goodness :lol:

But you're entitled to view it this way I guess. I'm looking forward to him moving to another club, and seeing what happens.

Edited by KaKa

58 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

But he was good for Coventry 

No, Bellamy had a bad time at Coventry. I knew he was good from Norwich, but many were not impressed when we signed him.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

They will want at least 20 million for him, young English tax and all that. My point is we aren’t in a position where we will spend that on a backup player, and if he signs I think it would be as a starter and for me he isn’t the answer.

We would not sign him as a starter. If we move current backup players the money would then be available to replace them I would presume.

Wouldnt mind Cornet. Been impressed with him every time Ive seen Burnley this season and he looked even better in France. Sounds like he has a release clause at 17.5m so its a low risk signing.

They should probably include an IQ test for his potential medical though considering the unveiling picture where he was pointing on the Umbro logo + the rumour(?) that he thought he was only loaned out to Burnley 

19 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

My preference is to avoid those players from teams who got relegated. I’d hope we are shopping at better places rather than being bottom feeders. 

I think that's naive. If a player is good enough, I don't care where we buy from. If anything we can get them on a cheap deal if they have relegation clauses. Sarr at Watford looks very handy for a right wing/forward. Main thing is players doing well, on the up as an individual and having the right attitude.

7 hours ago, Barnes23 said:

We should be targeting players capable of playing in a side challenging for the top six. Raphinha and Phillips would be excellent signings on that basis.  Dwight McNeil is nowhere near that level. Ward-Prowse is more like a top 10 level player, ditto Pope. 

Think we need to calm down. Phillips is likely going to Man City and Raphinha could be going to Spurs. We just aren’t at that level yet 

19 minutes ago, gdm said:

Think we need to calm down. Phillips is likely going to Man City and Raphinha could be going to Spurs. We just aren’t at that level yet 

If that's the case we might end up struggling to keep hold of Trippier and Bruno. I'm sure they're 2 ambitious characters...

23 minutes ago, jack j said:

If that's the case we might end up struggling to keep hold of Trippier and Bruno. I'm sure they're 2 ambitious characters...

Completely irrelevant 

This person he’s replying to has since deleted their account, but I’d imagine it’s another impatient thick fucker amongst our support whingeing about transfers.

It’s not even the end of June the bulldozers have moved into the training ground, we have a director of football, signed a left back for 15 million and 2 promising youngsters. 

Unbelievable how impatient and thick some of our supporters are.

Edited by Whitley mag

18 minutes ago, gdm said:

Completely irrelevant 

Why can't we attract Raphinha? Hes playing for a team below us in the league. He's got just about the same number of Brazil caps as Bruno. Similar age. Be able to offer him more money

3 minutes ago, jack j said:

Why can't we attract Raphinha? Hes playing for a team below us in the league. He's got just about the same number of Brazil caps as Bruno. Similar age. Be able to offer him more money

Because teams in far better positions and stature than us will be interested it’s about being realistic. 

Just now, gdm said:

Because teams in far better positions and stature than us will be interested it’s about being realistic. 

Bruno and Trippier could have went to teams in far better positions than us in January. Something has attracted them here...

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

This person he’s replying to has since deleted their account, but I’d imagine it’s another impatient thick fucker amongst our support whingeing about transfers.

It’s not even the end of June the bulldozers have moved into the training ground, we have a director of football, signed a left back for 15 million and 2 promising youngsters. 

Regardless of our, ultimate, owner's morality etc etc you've got to admire the way the 3 front of house conduct themselves. Ok Jamie's a tory cunt and shouldn't be anywhere near a foodbank for plaudits but other than that seems happily legit. Amanda is just a dream. You get the sense she's just utterly and emotionally tied into the club. Then there's Mehrdad bothering his arse replying to balloons on twitter. 

Daft cunts tagging them into spurious twitter threads and/or asking ridiculous questions. No better than Exile, some of them.

Edited by Groundhog63

8 hours ago, r0cafella said:

My preference is to avoid those players from teams who got relegated. I’d hope we are shopping at better places rather than being bottom feeders. 

Media are linking us to those players now as they have ran out of linking us to top players.   Every article about a player, they manage to link Newcastle.  Its tiresome but unavoidable I guess.

8 hours ago, KaKa said:

We would not sign him as a starter. If we move current backup players the money would then be available to replace them I would presume.

We would absolutely would be signing him as a starter, think it’s clear we are working very hard to stretch the budget as much as possible due to FFP. He would cost minimum 20 million, we aren’t in a position to spend this on him then more on a another winger to start and then more on a striker.

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

Idiotic fans to tweet the owners, wish the owners weren’t on twitter tbh.

2 hours ago, gdm said:

Phillips was supposedly very interested in joining before Man City got involved so it isn’t that mad to suggest him. Maybe we aren’t at a level to attract Raphinia yet, but that doesn’t mean the next best level we can target is the likes of McNeil either.