More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Southampton asking price for JWP is supposedly £75 million. Kind of highlights how difficult it will be to get good value this summer.

Lol, I’ll have some of what they are smoking. 

Much better value to be found on the continent. 

Just now, relámpago blanco said:

He was always going to cost something ridiculous and I wouldnt even pay over 30 for him.

The problem with JWP is he isn’t good enough for the top 6 and he’s too expensive for everybody else. 

20 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

This on Eriksen:

My money is still on Spurs (London, Champs league and from 4th looking very ambitious, Downside is I understand he didn't work so well with Conte in Italy). Man utd still have a bit glamour about their name and in Europe. We are an outside shot but in his position, if he's looking for enjoyment and buys into it he could be in for a ride.

Would love Eriksen, like. Imagine the chance generation from a CM pool of Bruno, Eriksen, Joelinton, Willock and Shelvey. :drool:

Just watching some of his Brentford highlights, looked like he played a deeper role for them? Might be a positional clash with Bruno, but I don't feel like we know for certain where Howe sees Bruno long-term. Don't see why he can't play the Shelvey role tbh. He's just as combative as he is creative and his range of passing is excellent. 

1 minute ago, madras said:

My money is still on Spurs (London, Champs league and from 4th looking very ambitious, Downside is I understand he didn't work so well with Conte in Italy). Man utd still have a bit glamour about their name and in Europe. We are an outside shot but in his position, if he's looking for enjoyment and buys into it he could be in for a ride.

Spurs seem to have ruled out moving for him, obviously no idea who is or isn’t talking rubbish this summer mind.

12 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Takeaway is that they don't want to sell. He's probably worth that much to Southampton. It's just whether anybody else is dumb enough to think he's worth paying that.

9 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Spurs seem to have ruled out moving for him, obviously no idea who is or isn’t talking rubbish this summer mind.

He just doesn’t seem to fit in a Conte system (the Spurs one) - given that they want to counter attack at real pace, where do you play him?

Somehow I was never a fan of Eriksen (until the incident) and was against signing him in January. He has excellent shooting/passing technique and very good awareness and vision but I (wrongly) remembered him as a static, luxury player with low work rate and questionable motivation from his last seasons with Spurs and Inter.

I was very surprised how involved and influential he was for Brentford. It would be an amazing deal if we can get his quality for free in today's absurd market.

3 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Mentioned Nunes before. Really want him. Same with Fofana. Too good to miss out on. Paqueta, Sangare as well. Obviously not all of them.

I would sign them all and then give the January and next summer transfer window a miss. 

Give the squad a full shake up and work with it for 18 months 

13 minutes ago, junkhead said:

Somehow I was never a fan of Eriksen (until the incident) and was against signing him in January. He has excellent shooting/passing technique and very good awareness and vision but I (wrongly) remembered him as a static, luxury player with low work rate and questionable motivation from his last seasons with Spurs and Inter.

I was very surprised how involved and influential he was for Brentford. It would be an amazing deal if we can get his quality for free in today's absurd market.

Conte changed him at Inter, tbh. He wanted him to play as a deep lying player in a 3 but he didn't have the workrate for it. Eventually he managed to get it out of him and he worked his way into the team during the Scudetto run.

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Thanks Hope, can you do the same article on another 100 players that fall into that category.    Newcastle and Neymar......they like him............

50 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

£75m is alot for him, but he's indispensable for Southampton and would be really hard for them to replace, so putting a price tag of £75m is what he's worth to them, even if not for others. Its like when you set a transfer vale of £100m on FM as you don't really want to sell the player. 

1 minute ago, 54 said:

£75m is alot for him, but he's indispensable for Southampton and would be really hard for them to replace, so putting a price tag of £75m is what he's worth to them, even if not for others. Its like when you set a transfer vale of £100m on FM as you don't really want to sell the player. 

I mean, it’s clear the price tag reflects the fact they don’t want to sell. That being said, if they could get that for him they would sell in a heart beat. 

8 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

If there's one position I'd spend the big money on it would be a right sided player.

Its our weakest position isn't it so would make the most sense.

We need that statement signing in that position who can take the heat off Wilson for goals.

Wide forward type in the ilk of Salah, Son etc (obviously not that tier yet, but something with potential to get there)