More transfer rumours

midds

4 minutes ago, JP said:

Two defensive signings so far then.

I'd expect to see something happen at the other end of the pitch for us next.

Ritchie/Gayle out to make the room.

You make a really good point about outgoings. Hayden went and we signed Targett pretty much straight away, Woodman went and we signed Pope. I wonder if there is an element of making sure we are getting numbers out of the door first.

Hopefully we can get Hendrick (will find a championship club), Gayle and Clark straight out of the way.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

They’ve had a good window ‘so far’, but obviously it would be really bad if this was it. Which is almost a pointless thing to say since it obviously won’t happen :lol:

Yeah, which is kind of my point. Why are the chronicle trying to analyse the window before July. :lol:

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’m not complaining as I think there is plenty more to come, but we aren’t any stronger in terms of starting 11 right now than we where at the end of last season.

We are slightly stronger because Pope is better than Dubravka but not significantly.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Apparently we've contacted Chelsea on Broja. Anyone else not convinced?

Where have you seen this?

Don't mind him but he certainly cooled down after a decent start. Fits the backup to Wilson role but i'd want a marquee RW signing alongside him.

Just now, STM said:

Apparently we've contacted Chelsea on Broja. Anyone else not convinced?

Me.. somehow I've missed the period when he was 'shit hot' and I've only took notice of him in the second part of the season and he was anonymous every time..

3 minutes ago, JP said:

Where have you seen this?

Don't mind him but he certainly cooled down after a decent start. Fits the backup to Wilson role but i'd want a marquee RW signing alongside him.

39 minutes ago, STM said:

I love the "already had a good window", that the chronicle is pushing or the "well we should be thankful after 14 years of Ashley", stuff. 

Don't get me wrong, I am thankful but we've effectively only signed a goalkeeper and it wasn't as if we were desperate for a keeper. I find it weird that the chronicle and others are trying to claim this as some sort of success. :lol:

Ultimately this window will be a successful one if we sign the two or 3 key players that we are clearly after and they have plenty of time to do it.

I'd be happy to start the season now, tbh. Last season was a rescue job, this season foundation and next season transition. 

Were a much stronger outfit than the start of last season, and we still have more to come from this squad. ASM was totally out of sorts last time round, Wilson injured for a huge part of it, wood pressured to fill his goals and all players are playing a couple of gears above where they were this time last year. A new keeper as dubs is either injured or flapping, a full season with a proper LB, trippier and Bruno, and we've the likes of Anderson to show what he is made of. Not to mention Burn & Schar partnership is still canny without any bodies coming in. Even Longstaff was turning it around end of season, it probably ended at the wrong time for him.

Full season of feel good factor as well whilst progress is made off field. We're easily top 10 atm, anyone else coming in isn't going to push us massively on, not until we can get bigger sponsors in, so an additional place or 2 I'm not concerned about. It's being able to compete and not be a shambles fighting against relegation I'm looking forward to, so if we bring anyone else in from here, I'm honestly floating.  

I would be delighted with Broja, he’s like a more mobile and technically gifted Mitrovic (obviously he’s nowhere near as polished in loads of areas and has a lot of development to go). 

We need to have a pretty successful season in this coming one - a European place would be amazing - if we are to start to be more attractive to the top players that we are all keen to sign.

Of course from our - fans - perspective, being safe with 40+ points before we head into the final stages of the season would be tremendous.  It all depends on perspective and what the long / mid term goals are for our owners and directors.

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

I'd be happy to start the season now, tbh. Last season was a rescue job, this season foundation and next season transition. 

Were a much stronger outfit than the start of last season, and we still have more to come from this squad. ASM was totally out of sorts last time round, Wilson injured for a huge part of it, wood pressured to fill his goals and all players are playing a couple of gears above where they were this time last year. A new keeper as dubs is either injured or flapping, a full season with a proper LB, trippier and Bruno, and we've the likes of Anderson to show what he is made of. Not to mention Burn & Schar partnership is still canny without any bodies coming in. Even Longstaff was turning it around end of season, it probably ended at the wrong time for him.

Full season of feel good factor as well whilst progress is made off field. We're easily top 10 atm, anyone else coming in isn't going to push us massively on, not until we can get bigger sponsors in, so an additional place or 2 I'm not concerned about. It's being able to compete and not be a shambles fighting against relegation I'm looking forward to, so if we bring anyone else in from here, I'm honestly floating.  

One or two signings could definitely improve us, it just depends who those signings are.

Our aim for next year should be 7th place IMO and if we get the 3/4 signings that we are aiming for, that's feasible.

This club should not go without European football.

Just now, STM said:

One or two signings could definitely improve us, it just depends who those signings are.

Our aim for next year should be 7th place IMO and if we get the 3/4 signings that we are aiming for, that's feasible.

This club should not go without European football.

I'd say 8th. Think both Leicester and west ham is a big overtake at this stage of our project. But no point in not having ambition, just hope we don't get to whiny if we aim for it and miss out.

8th would be A- season for me.