More transfer rumours

midds

Like I mentioned yesterday - Aouar is the perfect fit in our midfield - the fact that he is available for around £15m is ridiculous - you can easily play him attacking or as the holding player and let Bruno move up 

9 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I'd like a similar player to Bruno (but more of an athlete) but one that contrasts slightly with how Howe wants to play Bruno. E.g. if Bruno is to play more progressively - then someone more defensively minded.

I wouldn't mind a player in the profile of Gini

Agree. Initially I thought we needed a primarily defensive player in there but lately I've been thinking that another cultured (but still mobile, physical and capable in defence) midfielder could be very transformative to the way we retain the ball. Especially if teams begin to play deeper at SJP.. Somebody like Fabian from Napoli (but not him, he's not that good for the money they'd want imo)

Edited by junkhead

I wonder if there's a quiet couple of weeks now while we work away behind the scenes. Baesd on recent links it seems we still want a young centre mid, a young striker and I think we'll go big on a right winger. Exciting times.

1 minute ago, junkhead said:

Agree. Initially I thought we needed a primarily defensive player in there but lately I've been thinking that another cultured midfielder could be very transformative to the way we retain the ball. Especially if teams begin to play deeper at SJP.. Somebody like Fabian from Napoli (but not him, he's not that good for the money they'd want imo)

Aye. A massive limitation of our team is there's very little ball retention in the team but especially in midfield.

25 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Gouiri looks talented mind, Ben Arfaesque.

I really like him but I think his stock is too high for us currently; also can’t see them accepting any less than 40m for him.

2 hours ago, JonBez comesock said:

I would go for Keane Lewis-Porter 

hull city - star ️ in the making 

Winger 

I can see him doing very well in the premier league 

Potter

My family know his girlfriend's family. I think he's off to Brentford.

Just have that feeling there is coming big News and it massive. 

Just that feeling we are going under the radar and keeping it a secret until it's clear. 

J U S T  W A I T 😎😎

Edited by BigValley

11 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Like I mentioned yesterday - Aouar is the perfect fit in our midfield - the fact that he is available for around £15m is ridiculous - you can easily play him attacking or as the holding player and let Bruno move up 

Imagine how wor Lucas would feel, man - Bruno and the club giving him bedroom eyes all this while and then signing all his midfield buddies but not him.[emoji38]

2 minutes ago, Emotic said:

Imagine how wor Lucas would feel, man - Bruno and the club giving him bedroom eyes all this while and then signing all his midfield buddies but not him.[emoji38]

The fact that you could sign Aouar/Fabian for the cost for Wor Lucas is a no brainer

although I would love Wor Lucas like 

Good thing about Paqueta is that if we stump up the cash that OL is asking for (however much that is), I get the impression that he'd be happy to come. None of this dicking about with "waiting for PSG/Bayern/Milan to make their offers" rubbish (ok not Milan in this particular case lol).

Was on loan to Anderlecht from Bayern Munich last season. 16 goals in 38 games, currently 7 in 8 for Big Sven’s Dutch U21 gang. Also another possible argument to why Bayern wouldn’t be interested in Ekitike if they plan on bringing him through. Had an injury interrupted spell at Parma on loan. Ajax and Stuttgart linked but no suggestion on whether it’s a loan or permanent deal.

Edited by Nucasol

6 minutes ago, Emotic said:

Good thing about Paqueta is that if we stump up the cash that OL is asking for (however much that is), I get the impression that he'd be happy to come. None of this dicking about with "waiting for PSG/Bayern/Milan to make their offers" rubbish (ok not Milan in this particular case lol).

Aye, think because if Bruno (and probably Joelinton) if he came he would settle fast. A high pressing, creative and goal scoring attacking midfielder. He would be excellent here.

I guess priority order for what is left to cover is right winger, then striker and last another CM. I'd take Sarr for right wing, Cornet for striker or winger rotation and Paqueta. Would feel very happy with that.

9 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Was on loan to Anderlecht from Bayern Munich last season. 16 goals in 38 games, currently 7 in 8 for Big Sven’s Dutch U21 gang. Also another possible argument to why Bayern wouldn’t be interested in Ekitike if they plan on bringing him through. Had an injury interrupted spell at Parma on loan. Ajax and Stuttgart linked but no suggestion on whether it’s a loan or permanent deal.

Bloody hell, he's built like a brick shithouse. Imagine the aerial fret with him, Sven and Wood (lol) lining up for corners.

1 minute ago, Emotic said:

Bloody hell, he's built like a brick shithouse. Imagine the aerial fret with him, Sven and Wood (lol) lining up for corners.

And Burn.

can’t see us getting him though- he wants to leave Bayern to get regular football, not play back up to Wilson. He’s linked with replacing Haller at Ajax or Kalajdzic at Stuttgart.

3 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Hopefully we’ll start seeing some outbound transfers too

Think we might have to wait til later in the window when teams start getting desperate before we get rid of our shite

Currently at 31 senior players plus Anderson for next season. On the chopping block, for me:

Goalkeepers: one of Darlow and Gillespie (ideally Gillespie)
Defenders: three of Manquillo, Fernandez, Clark, and Lewis (ideally the first three)

Midfielders: M. Longstaff, Hendrick, and Ritchie

Forwards: Gayle

2 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

I wonder if we'll be looking to keep any senior players on in a reserves-only capacity, like it seems a lot of the clubs in Europe are doing. 

I'm hoping that'll be Dummett's role.

13 minutes ago, Rich said:

Currently at 31 senior players plus Anderson for next season. On the chopping block, for me:

Goalkeepers: one of Darlow and Gillespie (ideally Gillespie)
Defenders: three of Manquillo, Fernandez, Clark, and Lewis (ideally the first three)

Midfielders: M. Longstaff, Hendrick, and Ritchie

Forwards: Gayle

Pope, Dubravka, Darlow

Trippier, Krafth

Botman, Schar, Burn, Lascelles

Targett, Lewis, Dummett

Bruno, Joelinton, Shelvey, Willock, Longstaff

ASM, Fraser, Almiron, Murphy

Wilson, Wood

That's 23 with your lot jettisoned, so only leaves two gaps. Suggests to me that one of the wingers needs to go too; ideally Murphy for me.