More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, junkhead said:

Now that we are filthy rich, would it make any difference to FFP if we simply pay off their contracts and release the surplus players? 

Send them all on loan to teams in ksa. Wages paid in full till end of contract. Can play for the team over there, or sit in their house in England. We don't care. 

Or move.

7 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Pope, Dubravka, Darlow

Trippier, Krafth

Botman, Schar, Burn, Lascelles

Targett, Lewis, Dummett

Bruno, Joelinton, Shelvey, Willock, Longstaff

ASM, Fraser, Almiron, Murphy

Wilson, Wood

That's 23 with your lot jettisoned, so only leaves two gaps. Suggests to me that one of the wingers needs to go too; ideally Murphy for me.

Reckon only two more will come in. A striker and right sided forward. That being said I could see Almiron going if there’s an offer for him 

Just now, gdm said:

Reckon only two more will come in. A striker and right sided forward. That being said I could see Almiron going if there’s an offer for him 

Could be right but we're forever getting linked with CMs. 

3 minutes ago, junkhead said:

Now that we are filthy rich, would it make any difference to FFP if we simply pay off their contracts and release the surplus players? 

I imagine we’ll just loan most of them out and pay majority of wages tbh 

Just now, Yorkie said:

Could be right but we're forever getting linked with CMs. 

Yeah nothing credible iirc it’s all been foreign press probably just throwing our name in there. Don’t think the British or local press have linked us to many CM’s might be wrong tho 

11 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Pope, Dubravka, Darlow

Trippier, Krafth

Targett, Lewis, Dummett

Wilson, Wood

That's 23 with your lot jettisoned, so only leaves two gaps. Suggests to me that one of the wingers needs to go too; ideally Murphy for me.

So really one more player in and then if any of them go an upgrade replacement 

44 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Was on loan to Anderlecht from Bayern Munich last season. 16 goals in 38 games, currently 7 in 8 for Big Sven’s Dutch U21 gang. Also another possible argument to why Bayern wouldn’t be interested in Ekitike if they plan on bringing him through. Had an injury interrupted spell at Parma on loan. Ajax and Stuttgart linked but no suggestion on whether it’s a loan or permanent deal.

Ah, the big Dutch Nigerian. I wondered if we might consider him as an alternative to Ekitike, as he is another young emerging striker that scored a lot of goals last season. Looking at his highlights from last season, I like him a lot more physically, compared to Ekitike, as he is really powerful, and should have no issues adjusting to the Premier League.

I would have a lot more confidence in him getting in ahead of Chris Wood in the pecking order too, as he looks to be very good at dropping into space and linking play, he looks very technical, lots of lovely touches and passes, and then gets in the box and finds space to score.

His contract is going into the final year, as it expires in 2023, and he is not keen on signing on at Bayern, as he didn't get the playing time there, and after last season he really wants to play. If he is to join Newcastle, he will definitely need guarantees on playing time, which would also bode well as far as him getting more game time ahead of Wood.

Highlights from last year at Anderlecht.

14 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Pope, Dubravka, Darlow

Trippier, Krafth

Targett, Lewis, Dummett

Wilson, Wood

I think any one of Fraser, Almiron, or Murphy could go if there was any interest at all in them, but I'm not sure there will be.

My ideal would be to sign a first-choice CM and first-choice RW/LW to fill the remaining two slots, then to add an Ekitike (doesn't need to be registered) to cover Wilson at ST.

Graeme Bailey has mentioned on the 90 mins podcast that we have some interest in PSV's Noni Madueke. Formerly of Tottenham, left footed right winger. Only 20 years old, but left as a youngster to get more game time.

Tottenham seem to have jettisoned a number of really talented wingers from their academy. Marcus Edwards at Sporting Lisbon is another left footed right wing player that had a really good season last year, not sure we are looking at him though.

Noni Madueke at PSV last year.

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

I think any one of Fraser, Almiron, or Murphy could go if there was any interest at all in them, but I'm not sure there will be.

My ideal would be to sign a first-choice CM and first-choice RW/LW to fill the remaining two slots, then to add an Ekitike (doesn't need to be registered) to cover Wilson at ST.

There will be buyers for all three as they all have some qualities about them, problem would be wages. The sort of clubs who would want them would probably want to pay them half of what they are getting here.

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Ah, the big Dutch Nigerian. I wondered if we might consider him as an alternative to Ekitike, as he is another young emerging striker that scored a lot of goals last season. Looking at his highlights from last season, I like him a lot more physically, compared to Ekitike, as he is really powerful, and should have no issues adjusting to the Premier League.

I would have a lot more confidence in him getting in ahead of Chris Wood in the pecking order too, as he looks to be very good at dropping into space and linking play, he looks very technical, lots of lovely touches and passes, and then gets in the box and finds space to score.

His contract is going into the final year, as it expires in 2023, and he is not keen on signing on at Bayern, as he didn't get the playing time there, and after last season he really wants to play. If he is to join Newcastle, he will definitely need guarantees on playing time, which would also bode well as far as him getting more game time ahead of Wood.

This guy looks class, going off their highlight videos alone he looks better than Ektike.

Had never heard of this Zerkze kid tbh but looks very agile and silky for his size. Seems to have really good vision for a striker as well. I feel like his dynamic movement would really combine well with Maxi and Bruno. 

Is he a straight up centre forward or can he play on the wing as well?

11 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Graeme Bailey has mentioned on the 90 mins podcast that we have some interest in PSV's Noni Madueke. Formerly of Tottenham, left footed right winger. Only 20 years old, but left as a youngster to get more game time.

Tottenham seem to have jettisoned a number of really talented wingers from their academy. Marcus Edwards at Sporting Lisbon is another left footed right wing player that had a really good season last year, not sure we are looking at him though.

Noni Madueke at PSV last year.

Looks right up our street for potential cost.

31 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Pope, Dubravka, Darlow

Trippier, Krafth

Targett, Lewis, Dummett

Wilson, Wood

Worth noting that the likes of Ekitike or Sucic for example wouldn't need to be registered in the squad.

Edit: and Madueke above

Edited by ponsaelius

14 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

This guy looks class, going off their highlight videos alone he looks better than Ektike.

Had never heard of this Zerkze kid tbh but looks very agile and silky for his size. Seems to have really good vision for a striker as well. I feel like his dynamic movement would really combine well with Maxi and Bruno. 

Is he a straight up centre forward or can he play on the wing as well?

He's a straight up centre forward that can also play in a two striker setup as a second support striker. Doesn't play as winger.

As far as adjusting to the Premier League and making more of a contribution right away, I'd be a lot more confident in him coming in, the guy is a powerfully built 6 foot 4.

Just seen that Stuttgart and Ajax are in for him, and the latest price mentioned that Bayern are after is 15 million Euros due to his contract running down. Incredible value.

I'd be most concerned about Ajax as they could offer him first team play as a replacement for Haller right away. He is really adamant on getting regular playing time next season, and so we'd have to convince him of that. Big Sven could maybe have a word also as his team mate for the Dutch under 21 team.

Edited by KaKa

Interesting how Zirkzee develops, was always touted as a huge talent at Bayern II and looked to be breaking through around COVID but seemingly stagnated a bit until this loan spell. I'd still prefer Ekitike's versatility of the two, Zirkzee seems more like a pure poacher. 

Madueke and M. Edwards are very Ben Arfa-like. Edwards is very small and more of a central player iirc, not sure he's suitable for the Premier League but Madueke looks very promising. 

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He's a straight up centre forward that can also play in a two striker setup as a second support striker. Doesn't plat as winger.

As far as adjusting to the Premier League and making more of a contribution right away, I'd be a lot more confident in him coming in, the guy is a powerfully built 6 foot 4.

Just seen that Stuttgart and Ajax are in for him, and the latest price mentioned that Bayern are after is 15 million Euros due to his contract running down. Incredible value.

I'd be most concerned about Ajax as they could offer him first team play as a replacement for Haller right away. He is really adamant on getting regular playing time next season, and so we'd have to convince him of that. Big Sven could maybe have a word also as his team mate for the Dutch under 21 team.

I mean if he's really all that, then we could pitch him in ahead of Wilson and see how he does. If he does well and Wilson subsequently wants a move then why not?

Guest HTT II

Loving Kaka’s posts about African players or players of African heritage as I haven’t a clue about most players outside of the PL these days and even then I couldn’t tell you anything about many that play here. Keep ‘em coming Kaka!

Guest HTT II
34 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Wants… he looks like he’s a genuine CF, but who can come deep. Looks really talented.