More transfer rumours

midds

Lingard can play in 3 positions and is a good player. If it means being allowed to sell Murphy or Almiron to raise more funds, then its a good decision.

Mind you, I think he thought PSG etc would come calling for him on a free. Not Everton and West Ham [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, Nine said:

He can and has played at RW, we wernt trying to sign him in January to replace ASM on left. 

He can play on the wing if he’s played out of position but he most definitely isn’t a RW

12 minutes ago, Nine said:

In an ideal world - Broja on loan with option to buy, Lingard in on a reasonable wage (<100k, with good bonuses) and then we could spend on a CM.

That's very far from an ideal world

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He can play on the wing if he’s played out of position but he most definitely isn’t a RW

So he was meant to be ASMs replacement in Jan then? Howe wasnt going to play at him CM.

We tried to sign Ekitike for around £25 million and now we're looking at Broja at a similar fee. Right wingers linked have included, Diaby, Harrison and Sarr. You're talking an outlay there of at least £50 million.

Either journos are deliberately being briefed to underplay the our spend or (less likely) it's an FFP budget i.e Botman's fee sbd wages would be calculated over a five year period.

I’d sooner have Broja on loan with no obligation. Not arsed if it’s loan only. Buy a winger and another CM, he’d be a decent option for a year to compete with Wilson and keep Wood out of the side until we can buy a higher profile striker next year.

6 minutes ago, STM said:

Lingard can play in 3 positions and is a good player. If it means being allowed to sell Murphy or Almiron to raise more funds, then its a good decision.

Mind you, I think he thought PSG etc would come calling for him on a free. Not Everton and West Ham [emoji38]

It's because at best, he's slightly above average.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

No he was going to play RW, but he isn’t a winger and never has been.

I think I'd be okay with Howes judgement on where he sees Lingard fitting into this side

1 minute ago, Nine said:

I think I'd be okay with Howes judgement on where he sees Lingard fitting into this side

Fair enough, personally I would prefer to sign an actual right winger to play on the wing.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Fair enough, personally I would prefer to sign an actual right winger to play on the wing.

I think Lingard is well set up to play off Antonio in WistAm’s system, we could do this same off Wilson in ours but it would fuck the current shape a little.

27 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Lingard is essentially a slightly more productive Almiron. If he was our answer to the right wing, it would be incredibly disappointing.

I'm not saying he would be an amazing signing and I wouldn't want him at RW but he's far more productive than Almiron.

Just now, The Prophet said:

I think Edwards is most likely correct that it'll be a quiet week at the office.

Agreed, might be some YT movements and reserve players but hope to see some outgoings whilst EH assessed the squad.

29 minutes ago, Nine said:

In an ideal world - Broja on loan with option to buy, Lingard in on a reasonable wage (<100k, with good bonuses) and then we could spend on a CM.

What a thoroughly underwhelming ideal world :lol:

31 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Lingard is essentially a slightly more productive Almiron. If he was our answer to the right wing, it would be incredibly disappointing.

It’s frowned upon to say the D word on here :lol:

2 minutes ago, PeepShow4life said:

I'm not saying he would be an amazing signing and I wouldn't want him at RW but he's far more productive than Almiron.

He's had one good spell in his career and it was playing central in a 4-2-3-1.

12 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's because at best, he's slightly above average.

Yeah but, here's the thing... I don't agree with you. Funny old world.

Just now, The Prophet said:

He's had one good spell in his career and it was playing central in a 4-2-3-1.

Aye, never played at a world cup or anything before that.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I think due to his wages it'll be a non-starter, plus unless we're really struggling for cash I think Howe will have more sense.

In jan it made sense going for him coz it would have been a loan and we were in trouble. Going for him now makes no sense. Apart from a short spell for West Ham he’s hardly kicked a ball in recent seasons 

Edited by gdm