More transfer rumours

midds

I used to be in favour of Lingard because I thought he might be desperate to prove himself away from Man Utd and I do think he is capable. Now I get the impression that his priority is squeezing more money out of his last big contract. He should’ve had us or West Ham lined up for when he became a free agent, but instead he’s sitting there demanding big money. Everton would be the most suitable club for him.

15 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Would be disappointed in Lingard signing. Think we really need to be looking at a younger profile of players.

I don’t think he’s a great deal better than Fraser & Almiron. He’s better but I saw enough from those two they could do a job under Howe. He’d not be worth the significant wage increase for the slight increase in ability.

Two of our priority positions and the answer is lingard and broja? I know Ashley is gone but that would be terrible. One player has had one good season at wh and the other a few good months. And people are complaining over calvert-lewin? Much rather have Sarr and CL. What in a crazy world have lingard done to demand north of 100k. Id take broja on loan because he has some streghts to his game but then we have to splash the cash on a quality RW

Edited by nufc123

57 minutes ago, Nine said:

What would be ideal then? 

For me, probably Ekitike or equivalent level as the forward signing (with the deal structured to suit FFP), a quality RW, Paqueta and an up and coming CM prospect (Luka Sucic) would be the ideal world.

18 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I don’t think he’s a great deal better than Fraser & Almiron. He’s better but I saw enough from those two they could do a job under Howe. He’d not be worth the significant wage increase for the slight increase in ability.

At least we have no doubts about their commitment, effort and fit in the dressing room. Not to be underestimated. 

10 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Two of our priority positions and the answer is lingard and broja? I know Ashley is gone but that would be terrible. One player has had one good season at wh and the other a few good months. And people are complaining over calvert-lewin? Much rather have Sarr and CL. What in a crazy world have lingard done to demand north of 100k. Id take broja on loan because he has some streghts to his game but then we have to splash the cash on a quality RW

Not that crazy a world on a free and given his record. (Not that I’d choose him personally):

D648FC2E-723A-4822-8C8C-612651778322.thumb.jpeg.d45b046e22992af17701ac998e383379.jpeg

Would love Sarr as the RW given his pace and ability to cover both wings and at ST too. 

A young striker understudy to Wilson would be good as well. 

marquee signing of Paqueta at end of window and let’s go and snag 7th.  

22 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

For me, probably Ekitike or equivalent level as the forward signing (with the deal structured to suit FFP), a quality RW, Paqueta and an up and coming CM prospect (Luka Sucic) would be the ideal world.

That would be amazing but is far, far off being realistic 

23 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Never really saw mich in Broja when I've seen Southampton but Mandoon* rates him I think and I trust his judgement.

*Where is he anyway? Account is gone

I don’t know, didn’t realise his account was gone, just thought he was taking a break. @Slim is he doing ok?

3 hours ago, The Prophet said:

He was streaky in front of goal, but he has all the attributes to be a really decent striker.

Being streaky in front of goal isn't one of them tbh. :lol:

Broja wouldn't need to be named in the 25 either would he, if he's only 20?

There are players I'd have above him on my shortlist but if its in the £20-25m mark I think it would be decent business. 

Still, this week will be all about outgoings I reckon. Need to start shifting some deadwood. 

K Downie again on Twitter , pushing loan striker and 1 more £££ (winger)

if we have enough budget

looks like the 80-85 million budget is true , which is fair enough to be honest 

laying some decent foundations 

all we have ever asked for, is for our owners / club to try …and we can’t fault them for that 🙌🏽

Edited by JonBez comesock

1 minute ago, JonBez comesock said:

Downier again on Twitter , pushing loan and 1 more narrative (winger)

if we have enough budget

looks like the 80-85 million budget is true , which is fair enough to be honest 

laying some decent foundations 

all we can ask for, is for our club to try …and we can’t fault them for that 🙌🏽

0_Mike-Ashley.jpg

Where has this stuff about Lingard come from? I’d say there is a little to no chance we will sign him.

As for other major incomings I think it will be quiet for a few weeks and not heat up again mid to late July.  There’ll definitely be players we are tracking and waiting on their availability 

Edited by Andy84

Saudi payed over a billion dollars/pounds to Qatar for compensation in the piracy wrangle just so they could own Newcastle, I don't think there will be a budget as such.

For me, I don't want us buying a striker unless they are the real McCoy.

I don't mean that I'm against Broja, the opposite actually, I'm all for us finding a temporary solution up front until the right person comes along.

I want the "Bruno/Botman", of the striking world and that's going to set us back 60m potentially, which means we need a window where its the sole (or just about) target to sign a top rank striker.

In essence, we have too much to do this window to sign 5 or 6 players and a 60m striker. In 12 months it might be a different matter.