More transfer rumours

midds

Just now, Minhosa said:

He needs to leave Chelsea for his potential to have any chance of being recognised imho.

I'd say the same for Loftus-Cheek too tbf but both have massive potential.

I see it more with RLC. But same applies to him as you say.

Chelsea youth products need to be sold by 22 otherwise they end up in hell. RLC needs to move but I suspect he's content with the wages.

I suspect with new ownership - they may start selling off youth products earlier rather than later.

Diaby, CHO, Gordon

Preference in that order.

Diaby and Broja loan would complete an unbelievable two transfer windows - sensible growth. 

If we got those two we'd be looking at these incomings since Mandy arrived:

Trippier

Wood

Bruno

Burn

Targett

Pope

Botman

Diaby

Broja

3 minutes ago, Bompeter said:

Gordon is a one-dimensional hit and run merchant, and an absolutely repulsive piece of shit to boot. No thanks.

Aye, lots of effort and graft. Not seeing much in the form of anything else other than stamina and a little bit of pace.

Reminds me a lot of Milner actually. Milner worked extremely hard on his game and was a better central than wide player. Might be the same for Gordon.

4 minutes ago, JP said:

Diaby, CHO, Gordon

Preference in that order.

Diaby and Broja loan would complete an unbelievable two transfer windows - sensible growth. 

If we got those two we'd be looking at these incomings since Mandy arrived:

Trippier

Wood

Bruno

Burn

Targett

Pope

Botman

Diaby

Broja

Need another central midfielder. There's 1 midfielder in that lot.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Need another central midfielder. There's 1 midfielder in that lot.

Current crop of Bruno, Joelinton, Willock, Longstaff, Shelvey is pretty strong but Howe consistently speaks about needing two for every position so wouldn't surprise me to see another come in - possibly the young type with potential signing.

I think another CM may end up being something we look at in Jan. Assuming we bring in a RW and striker (likely loan) during this window, and we are sitting in a decent league position without any massive issue needing addressing in Jan. 

In the short term Almiron might be considered as the 6th midfielder - switching to a slightly more advanced role in the 3. Or against bigger teams we'd revert to a back 5 like against Chelsea.

I think signing a midfielder will actually depend on shifting players in other positions for £ and if it did happen would be later in the window.

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

I think another CM may end up being something we look at in Jan. Assuming we bring in a RW and striker (likely loan) during this window, and we are sitting in a decent league position without any massive issue needing addressing in Jan. 

Agree, faith put into Wilson as first choice striker whilst getting a loan such as Broja in as decent cover. Rest of our budget this window on a right winger and probably our marquee signing of the summer. 

If we go again in January we can push most the budget to improving in CM or a right sided centre back.

We currently win games due to our midfield 3 so it won't be a priority yet.

29 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Diaby would be an incredible signing - but I'll believe it when I see it; I think the lad will end up at a club already at the top.

To even be in the conversation though - fucking hell.

Yeah you have to think there will be CL clubs in for him when push comes to shove. But hey, we can dream.

23 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Gordon wouldn’t come anyway I don’t think, not sure Everton need to sell now either.

Yeah I don't see us selling him to anyone. Financial pressure should be off with the Richarlison sale and other high earners' contracts expiring. 

Lampard seems to love him, so expecting him to be a big part of the team again next season. Would cause uproar with the fans if he was sold this early as well.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

I see it more with RLC. But same applies to him as you say.

Chelsea youth products need to be sold by 22 otherwise they end up in hell. RLC needs to move but I suspect he's content with the wages.

I suspect with new ownership - they may start selling off youth products earlier rather than later.

I was told from a reliable source that we bid for RLC under Rafa.

1 minute ago, Minhosa said:

I was told from a reliable source that we bid for RLC under Rafa.

That was common knowledge wasn’t it? I’m sure I saw we had bid for RLC in the press under Rafa 

4 minutes ago, 1878 said:

Yeah I don't see us selling him to anyone. Financial pressure should be off with the Richarlison sale and other high earners' contracts expiring. 

Lampard seems to love him, so expecting him to be a big part of the team again next season. Would cause uproar with the fans if he was sold this early as well.

Hope it happens. A bid of £10m should do it imo.

10 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Hope it happens. A bid of £10m should do it imo.

Can’t see it happening. He’s Everton to the core, but I rate Gordon really highly. He’ll go on to have a great career; most likely elsewhere at some point. 

I dont understand our transfer list some times. Its Diaby then its way down to Odoi and Gordon. If we didnt get Botman it was down to Lloyd Kelly. Why do we have such a big gap in quality. Is it because we are aiming high on Botman and Diaby and the next ones are much easier deals to do?

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

I dont understand our transfer list some times. Its Diaby then its way down to Odoi and Gordon. If we didnt get Botman it was down to Lloyd Kelly. Why do we have such a big gap in quality. Is it because we are aiming high on Botman and Diaby and the next ones are much easier deals to do?

TBF the lists are just speculation 

If we get Diaby, I think the midfielder might be Sucic the 19 year old who won’t have to be registered, and perhaps Broja who is 20. Perhaps looking at those under 21 for the reason of registrations alone due to the overbloated squad. 

If we get CHO or Sarr or someone lesser for right wing, then we may go all out for a bigger name upfront (Isak, Osimhen) or in CM (Pacqueta, Tielemans) instead

It’s almost like we aren’t being told every single target and somethings aren’t true

I think in general there's not that many options in these gaps. 

How many players are in between Diaby and Odoi considering price/quality? Odoi is probably a 30M player? Diaby 50-60M, How many right wingers are rated between 30-50M?