More transfer rumours

midds

Just now, NE27 said:

Newcastle could sign isak, but he's expensive so let's not.

Great, anyone else we fancy but don't think we can afford Craig?

I think it's as simple as we have Dan Ashworth now so we won't know until the deals are pretty much done.  Probably better to rely on sources in the locality of the players we are linked with.

If I was trying to sign assets such as these I certainly wouldn't advertise it as it may bring others to the table,

1 minute ago, Yelevats said:

We’re not really rich are we 🤣🤣

Its PIF/ Saudi that’s rich, doesn’t mean that we are. 

This window was always going to be the barometer as to how much of that gets invested in us. We may have to temper our expectations a bit. 

11 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Is anyone still convinced we will pay if a player becomes available coz I’m not. Everything points to there being a rough budget that they aren’t willing to go too far over. We might just have to accept that 

Edited by gdm

2 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I think it's as simple as we have Dan Ashworth now so we won't know until the deals are pretty much done.  Probably better to rely on sources in the locality of the players we are linked with.

If I was trying to sign assets such as these I certainly wouldn't advertise it as it may bring others to the table,

I don't believe any sources now tbh.

Newcastle is no longer a sieve and we seem to find out when it's pretty much imminent, which is good!

A nice normal club for a change[emoji38]

2 minutes ago, LV said:

This window was always going to be the barometer as to how much of that gets invested in us. We may have to temper our expectations a bit. 

It’s going to be a slower build than some think but I doubt there will be much going on during the Austria camp.

The journalist are just saying owt to fill tweets, papers etc.   Since Ashworth has come in, the silence from St James has grown.  Basically, Ashworth has said - we aint briefing the media as much or the person who was leaking has left.

Don't believe owt until confirmed a player is flying in for a medical

Edited by Awaymag

Love how local journos with good reputations for getting things right very recently (Downie and Hope) basically identify a target but say it's unlikely and it's all 'so basically they know nowt' and 'nice one lads'

Ando7 posts '...' and it gets 97 likes.

You're all actual bairns man. :lol:

Edited by Kid Icarus

3 minutes ago, LV said:

It's Staveley who set those expectations. I still expect the three players required to be coming in. All that has been shown again, is that the reporters actually know fuck all. 

1 minute ago, NE27 said:

I think the wood signing shows they will act when needs be, even if it means they have to break their policy.

The wood signing was an act of desperation after that Cambridge game let’s not pretend otherwise 

I would say if we are struggling with stretching the budget, I would question why we went out and spent 10 million or so on Pope when we weren’t desperate for keeper in the same way we are for attacking reinforcements.