More transfer rumours

midds

Marra is an entry in Northumberland words, A glossary of words used in the County of  Northumberland and on the Tyneside by the Rd Oliver Heslop 1983-94.

Marrow, Marra, a comrade, a close friend, a workfellow, one of a pair of things, an equal.

‘Former Manchester United forward Jesse Lingard, 29, is considering a move to Saudi Arabia where he could earn £10m per year. The England player's United contract expired last month.”…….Probably bollocks, but an interesting way of getting Lingard without paying all his wages….Whichever club he might go to in SA, then loans him to us whilst paying some of his wages…..perhaps a swop loan with gayle🤪[emoji38]

9 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

‘Former Manchester United forward Jesse Lingard, 29, is considering a move to Saudi Arabia where he could earn £10m per year. The England player's United contract expired last month.”…….Probably bollocks, but an interesting way of getting Lingard without paying all his wages….Whichever club he might go to in SA, then loans him to us whilst paying some of his wages…..perhaps a swop loan with gayle🤪[emoji38]

You beauty! :lol:

I know it sounds daft but that would probably work for all parties :lol:

Guest reefatoon

Not for me, supposedly him and his agent love having a few shots, getting absolutely twatted then driving around looking for a birch tree to smash into. Only a matter of time. Fucking youth of today. Cunts.

55 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Not for me, supposedly him and his agent love having a few shots, getting absolutely twatted then driving around looking for a birch tree to smash into. Only a matter of time. Fucking youth of today. Cunts.

[emoji38]  Chomp? You’re making this up, right?

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Another one for the yoof teams.

Youth signings still count towards FPP right? Or is that considered "youth development" lol.

We certainly seem to have a budget to go out and lure a bunch of youth to flood our reserves. Love it and hope to see more.

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

I heard the PC Brigade keep chasing them, and killing their fun by pulling them over and tutting at them

Something like that

5 hours ago, reefatoon said:

Another James Dean headed for a trunk of trouble on Jessie Dene? No thanks from me too. 

7 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Another one for the yoof teams.

Hebburn lad and is hugely-rated - him and his Da are black and whiters so I’ll be amazed if it doesn’t happen!

Wijnaldum is reportedly one of a group of PSG players left out of preseason and told to find another club. He is apparently on 9.2m euros per year. So £7.8m or about £150k a week (52 week year). If we could get him on loan, the year’s worth of wages would equate to a very reasonable transfer fee for a player of his quality and the potential benefits of having someone of his stature in the group. Given a standard, say £15m transfer would probably have an additional £4 to 5 m wages on top of that. 

Bruno and Gini are very adaptable/can do it all in CM. Joelinton would complement and provide additional energy and combativeness. Longstaff (and all) could learn from him, would be great for Botman having the former Dutch captain here (who was dropped by the Netherlands last year due to limited game time at PSG). Plus having a Premier and Champion’s League winner in the squad can make such things seem more achievable. Could be a solution to our third positional gap which improves us and doesn’t eat into up-front transfer funds needed for the other two gaps this summer. 

43 minutes ago, Paully said:

Hebburn lad and is hugely-rated - him and his Da are black and whiters so I’ll be amazed if it doesn’t happen!

Sounds great. At just 15 lad has an 8 minute highlight video full of Ben Arfa skillz. Looks a very big talent.

Glad we're targeting players who have that left-footed magic for the Academy. The youth sides have lacked that for as long as I can remember..

8 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Wijnaldum is reportedly one of a group of PSG players left out of preseason and told to find another club. He is apparently on 9.2m euros per year. So £7.8m or about £150k a week (52 week year). If we could get him on loan, the year’s worth of wages would equate to a very reasonable transfer fee for a player of his quality and the potential benefits of having someone of his stature in the group. Given a standard, say £15m transfer would probably have an additional £4 to 5 m wages on top of that. 

Bruno and Gini are very adaptable/can do it all in CM. Joelinton would complement and provide additional energy and combativeness. Longstaff (and all) could learn from him, would be great for Botman having the former Dutch captain here (who was dropped by the Netherlands last year due to limited game time at PSG). Plus having a Premier and Champion’s League winner in the squad can make such things seem more achievable. Could be a solution to our third positional gap which improves us and doesn’t eat into up-front transfer funds needed for the other two gaps this summer. 

This is a player who divides opinion. I thought he was disappointing in his spell here. Somehow, he didn't seem to impose himself on a game as much as he could have. Did well eventually at LIverpool, but they're better than nearly every opponent that they face, and the demands are different. 

Plus, he might block the progress of Longstaff and Anderson. I'd say no.

1 hour ago, Paully said:

Can you imagine the posts on RTG 

29 minutes ago, Cronky said:

This is a player who divides opinion. I thought he was disappointing in his spell here. Somehow, he didn't seem to impose himself on a game as much as he could have. Did well eventually at LIverpool, but they're better than nearly every opponent that they face, and the demands are different. 

Plus, he might block the progress of Longstaff and Anderson. I'd say no.

I totally understand the Gini marmite argument. Have to say I really enjoyed having him here. To echo a conversation from yesterday, I don’t think he was used effectively by McClaren, particularly away. Given a too structured deep role. Should have been just left to do his thing, ala Keegan style, though it is obviously much easier to do so with better players at your disposal who will fill holes. 

p.s. he did score 11 goals from CM in a relegated side and we made £10.5m on him (bought for £14.5 sold for £23 + £2m add ons).

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

He was a really good player when he was here, and when he showed up.

I wouldn’t want him back though, rather develop someone or buy someone with more of a future ahead of themselves, and someone who did my jump ship out of the club as soon as he could.

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Can you imagine the posts on RTG 

According to the RTG supporter geography Hebburn is red and white. Funny the considerable amount of black and whites who live there.

13 hours ago, madras said:

Certainly was. Remember it well from 70s and 80s. 

I definitely remember my uncle using Marra in the 80s. He lives in Gateshead. 

5 hours ago, junkhead said:

Sounds great. At just 15 lad has an 8 minute highlight video full of Ben Arfa skillz. Looks a very big talent.

Glad we're targeting players who have that left-footed magic for the Academy. The youth sides have lacked that for as long as I can remember..

Not sure about Ben Arfa, but he looks a very talented player and hit some big tackles in that as well. Looks abit stuck between a 10 role and the more attacking of a double pivot. Good mixture of skill, technique and loving a tackle

10 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

How will RTG'ers feel that their beloved, whiter than white SAFC may willingly take £1m of Saudi blood money? 

Aye they would implode, taking their brightest prospect whilst paying with money from the Saudi public investment fund :bluestar:

13 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

How will RTG'ers feel that their beloved, whiter than white SAFC may willingly take £1m of Saudi blood money? 

They wouldn't have a choice would they? As in, it's a compensation package because he'll be out of contract?

I suppose they could donate the money to charity...