More transfer rumours

midds

21 minutes ago, brummie said:

I think our problem is also scoring.

Ings is decent, Watkins is incredibly hard working but also very wasteful.

Cameron Archer will feature, I think, he looks the real deal.

I'd still rather have a more reliable source of goals.

Wesley still plays for us. That's a shocking thought. Fuck knows where he'll be on loan next season. The only Brazilian male with no innate football ability whatsoever.

Can you get Ings and Watkins in together in your 11 you reckon? Seemed reluctant last half of last season. Ings would get you more goals in a season you'd imagine (injuries permitting) but Watkins offers a lot in link up play. Agree about him being wasteful, he isnt a finisher from what Ive seen.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

24 minutes ago, brummie said:

I think our problem is also scoring.

Ings is decent, Watkins is incredibly hard working but also very wasteful.

Cameron Archer will feature, I think, he looks the real deal.

I'd still rather have a more reliable source of goals.

Wesley still plays for us. That's a shocking thought. Fuck knows where he'll be on loan next season. The only Brazilian male with no innate football ability whatsoever.

Stick Wesley in central midfield, worked for us.

29 minutes ago, brummie said:

I dunno to be honest.

I hope it's interesting. "May you live in interesting times", as they (can't remember who) say.

May you live in interesting times is a curse though (although it’s supposedly apocryphal, it’s attributed to the Chinese). Interesting times mean war, famine, pestilence, relegation, etc etc.

Edited by leffe186

37 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Can you get Ings and Watkins in together in your 11 you reckon? Seemed reluctant last half of last season. Ings would get you more goals in a season you'd imagine (injuries permitting) but Watkins offers a lot in link up play. Agree about him being wasteful, he isnt a finisher from what Ive seen.

No, I don't think we can to be honest. But we'll see.

Just now, Comegetasample said:

How about 25m plus add ons? 

25 million would be the max I would go, don’t see why Leeds will sell for less than what they are supposedly asking for, they have sold Phillips and Raphinia already so don’t need the money 

Leeds only paid 11 million for him last summer and he probably had a worse season than the one before. We'd definitely be getting our eyes gouged at 35 million - even though I think he'd be a solid signing, immediately add balance to the team and would be massive improvement on current wide options sans Maxi.

Not a Bruno/Botman type signing but would be a level above your Targett/Pope type signings IMO - although perhaps that's just due to any attacking player seeming sexier.

Edited by ponsaelius

Just now, Yorkie said:

Biggest difference between us and Villa is in the dugouts. Angry McSlumpsinhischair has got nowt on our guy.

Gerrard gets found out this season.

That squad and where they finished was bordering on unacceptable.

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

Leeds only paid 11 million for him last summer and he probably had a worse season than the one before. We'd definitely be getting our eyes gouged at 35 million - even though I think he'd be a solid signing, immediately add balance to the team and would be massive improvement on current wide options sans Maxi.

Not a Bruno/Botman type signing but would be a level above your Targett/Pope type signings IMO - although perhaps that's just due to any attacking player seeming sexier.

Is he even a RW though ? Plays on the left for Leeds 

Can definitely play both sides and did so a lot in his earlier career. Played left a lot more at Leeds but that's generally just because of the players they've had, particularly Raphinha last two years. You could also swap him and Maxi around easily - which I think would be a good weapon to have.

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

Can definitely play both sides and did so a lot in his earlier career. Played left a lot more at Leeds but that's generally just because of the players they've had, particularly Raphinha last two years. You could also swap him and Maxi around easily - which I think would be a good weapon to have.

Maxi on the right without the ability to cut in would be amazing for Wilson.

Getting a winger who can play both sides would definitely be important imo - particularly if any striker we get is more exclusively through the middle.

However a winger that can play both sides and a forward who can also play wide would be ideal.

13 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Gerrard gets found out this season.

That squad and where they finished was bordering on unacceptable.

Based on results purely since Gerrard arrived, we'd have finished 9th.

Not great but better.

Don't forget, he came in halfway through the season.

3 minutes ago, brummie said:

Based on results purely since Gerrard arrived, we'd have finished 9th.

Not great but better.

Don't forget, he came in halfway through the season.

It’ll be interesting to see how he does without Michael Beale. Rumour has it he was the brains behind the operation 

1 minute ago, RodneyCisse said:

A bit like Howe with a worse squad.

Yeah but I'm not really sure what comparing two different scenarios proves.

I wasn't a fan of the appointment, but he's come in after we sold our best player days before the start of the season (the player the whole team was built around), inherited someone else's squad, and done an OK job. Whether Howe did better or worse doesn't really come into it.

I'll give him a chance and see what he does, he's done and said all the right things so far, so I am not really sure what this conviction that he is a chancer comes from. There isn't anything thus far that suggests that.

2 minutes ago, Yelevats said:

It’ll be interesting to see how he does without Michael Beale. Rumour has it he was the brains behind the operation 

Yep, that will definitely be an interesting factor.