More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

Yeah. Feels like this one is actually progressing past an initial inquiry/first bid. Will likely take a lot of haggling, but I can see a deal being done at around £30m. Whether that's the final figure, or an initial one with performance related bonuses that gets it closer to Leeds (supposed) desired £35m who knows.  

That's what's odd about transfers these days, not only have you got installments to think about but you have add ons too. When Leeds say 35m, does that mean we could give them say 15m now, 5m in a year and another 15m when certain criteria is met?

If we can convince clubs that we will give them money after x games, x goals or our future European qualification, we'll that's a game changer in negotiations.

Harrison is 25m, so theoretically we could give him a 5 year deal and pay Leeds 6m a year and get to 30m without much of an outlay. Presumably Leeds will want to replace him.

I wonder if they would take Almiron or Murphy?

Just now, STM said:

That's what's odd about transfers these days, not only have you got installments to think about but you have add ons too. When Leeds say 35m, does that mean we could give them say 15m now, 5m in a year and another 15m when certain criteria is met?

If we can convince clubs that we will give them money after x games, x goals or our future European qualification, we'll that's a game changer in negotiations.

Harrison is 25m, so theoretically we could give him a 5 year deal and pay Leeds 6m a year and get to 30m without much of an outlay. Presumably Leeds will want to replace him.

I wonder if they would take Almiron or Murphy?

Doubtful, based of their transfers this summer they have a pretty good scouting network, they wouldn’t touch them 2 imo.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

West Ham getting that Scamacca for 30 million seems pretty cheap, we where linked earlier in the window, quite surprised we haven’t gone in for him.

I was thinking this earlier and my only conclusions are that, either our scouts don't rate Scamacca that highly or we have better targets.

I'm more and more convinced that we will go big on someone like DCL.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Doubtful, based of their transfers this summer they have a pretty good scouting network, they wouldn’t touch them 2 imo.

Yeah I was saying it half in jest.

I wonder which clubs have iffy scouts? [emoji38]

1 minute ago, STM said:

I was thinking this earlier and my only conclusions are that, either our scouts don't rate Scamacca that highly or we have better targets.

I’d much rather risk a bit less money on someone younger from abroad than go anywhere near DCL tbh at the price quoted for him.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

West Ham getting that Scamacca for 30 million seems pretty cheap, we where linked earlier in the window, quite surprised we haven’t gone in for him.

Would have him way over Harrison. 

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Think that rumour is bogus tbh. 

PSG are apparently still interested, but just need to move some players on first, and they've been quoted 50 million Euros apparently.

Think Sassuolo will be looking to move him to PSG for as much as possible at some point.

There’s absolutely no way Howe rates Wood or Murphy. He might like Almiron’s relentless pressing but I’m sure he doesn’t rate his output. They’re only going to pay for players they’re almost positive will significantly improve us 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I’d much rather risk a bit less money on someone younger from abroad than go anywhere near DCL tbh at the price quoted for him.

I think we believe we can get him at a decent price. Injuries aside, I think he's a cracking player but let's see how things play out.

Looks like striker will be the last position we target, towards the end of the window.

1 minute ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

Doesn't seem like we had much of a plan for attacking players other than Ekitike and are now a bit stumped with how to proceed. Hope I'm wrong. 

Worried that Howe rates Wood and one or both of Almiron and Murphy and doesn't see it as a major concern. 

Disagree, we have just been quoted ridiculous prices for our top targets, see Diaby and Isak 

4 minutes ago, STM said:

How can they rate Harrison and not Scamacca?

Just now, KaKa said:

Think that rumour is bogus tbh. 

PSG are apparently still interested, but just need to move some players on first, and they've been quoted 50 million Euros apparently.

Think Sassuolo will be looking to move him to PSG for as much as possible at some point.

Possibly, sky seem to think it’s close so I guess we will see soon enough 

Before I start, it’s not my intention to have a go at our owners. It’s been a breath of fresh air seeing all the work they are doing behind the scenes, to make our club be part of the community again and potentially fighting it out in the top half of the PL.

I do however think there might be an opportunity missed this season if we don’t strengthen further…..Striker, RW and another midfielder is a priority IMO. Positions 11-8 are up for grabs with what we already have, but we should be focusing on 5-7. Strengthen the areas mentioned and I believe we can compete with Arsenal,West Ham and ManU…it’ll be a long season and without a strong squad with good cover for all positions, we might struggle over 40 odd games. 

I know there has been a lot of talk about FFP,  and I don’t think we really know what real effect this is having on transfers, but I think we need to take a bit of a gamble financially and get players of decent caliber for the positions. 

A strong season with potential to get 6th/7th would have a big impact on next years transfer targets. A steady season getting us into top 10 might just make it that bit harder to attract players on the next level to what we are looking at.

Now of course, it’s still very early in the transfer market and we may find that our owners will come up with the investment, and bring in a few more players. 

Even if we don’t introduce any new signings the infrastructure set up will over time develop the club into a regular top 5/6……BUT I would love us to have a go at challenging the elite in the PL next season or at least give them a bit of a shock…..So I wait, as we all are, over the next month to see if we are active in the transfer market which will show us where our owners are hoping to be next May…..BRING IT ON.

Im certain it wont get done anytime soon. Our valuations seem way off if numbers are to be believed. They will try and bleed us dry. Hopefully we wont give them as much time as we have done before.

6 minutes ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

Doesn't seem like we had much of a plan for attacking players other than Ekitike and are now a bit stumped with how to proceed. Hope I'm wrong. 

Worried that Howe rates Wood and one or both of Almiron and Murphy and doesn't see it as a major concern. 

He doesn't rate either of them otherwise we wouldn't be trying to buy replacements.

I wonder if they are looking at hijacking deals ? Let someone else agree a fee then come in with a few mill more as opposed to us going in first and getting quoted something ridiculous because its us.