More transfer rumours

midds

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Obviously, but we're thinking we're going to sign a guy for 30m+ who played 80% of his last 50 matches on the left side to then switch sides to the right or ask the current incumbent to do that? 

Almost all the wide players linked are lefties Gordon, Harrison, Kamaldeen, Barnes so it looks a little bit weird.

That sounds like something imminent in the next week or so.

There could only be a handful of players who have had that interest going back a while too so be interesting to see which one it is.

7 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Sounds promising.

Perhaps that isn't relating to the name or profile of the player more so the importance of the position they are looking to sign. Whether that's RW or ST its an important positon and one that can push you to another level if they score or assit enough.

"A lot of work has gone into it, but it is hopefully going to be worth it because, as you say, the next move is probably one of the most important I will make."

He's just talking about recruitment generally there, not a specific deal.

I read the quote just as we’ve probably only got a limited amount left to spend on attacking reinforcements, and it’s important because he’s got a few different options which we could pursue so he wants to go for the right one. 

I wouldn’t read too much in to it.

I think he just means the next deal will (for budget reasons) affect the other deals we can do. Do we go big on a striker and small on a winger? Do we loan a striker and go bigger on 2 positions? Etc. etc.

So basically it's either we've got no money and we are signing nobody or we've git shit loads of money and we are going to rock the world or something in between.

Fuckin gerrin.