More transfer rumours

midds

2 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

We're not falling for Almiron scoring a few in pre season right? We don't suddenly believe he's going to provide regularly?

I wouldn't want to be relying on it, but it's possible that he's learning how to play under Howe, and he's struck up an understanding with Trippier. I don't think they played in the same side much last season.

2 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

We're not falling for Almiron scoring a few in pre season right? We don't suddenly believe he's going to provide regularly?

To be fair, this isn't just a pre-season improvement. He was looking much improved towards the end of last season when Fraser went out injured, then had a few good appearances for Paraguay. Goals have only just started to come now, and are likely not super indicative of a PL goal return, but he has certainly earned the spot, at least against Forest. 

3 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Why not?

Its not like they've all gone in off his arse. He's getting into good positions, linking well with Bruno and Trippier and actually seems to have some conviction in his shooting.

Of course he could have JDT moment against Forest and it all goes out the window but as it stands today he has improved our RW position from last season and bought the powers that be a little time to get a real improvement signing through the door

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

To be fair, this isn't just a pre-season improvement. He was looking much improved towards the end of last season when Fraser went out injured, then had a few good appearances for Paraguay. Goals have only just started to come now, and are likely not super indicative of a PL goal return, but he has certainly earned the spot, at least against Forest. 

I also think that Howe will have taken note of Almiron's willingness to get into goal scoring positions and will now be encouraging him to do it more. Miggy's a confidence player, and if he's given clear instructions I think he's the type who would thrive on it.

That's coming from me, I've been slagging him off for months now, but he does sniff out those chances, and if he can be convinced he's a goal scorer, who knows? He could get double figures this season.

12 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

You mean "we" as the club or "we" are the fans?

I doubt the club are changing their transfer strategy based on his performances, no. 

Maxi and Wilson are hands down our best forwards, but like the rest of our attacking unit, they don't contribute to our ball retention at all. I do think we'll be looking at a forward who can hold up to the ball and link up play.

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, CFlan said:

Was there much hype around Boumsong or was he already thought to be shite? I had taken a break from watching us around then. 

Shite.

We passed up on him in the summer when he was available for free.

2 minutes ago, CFlan said:

Was there much hype around Boumsong or was he already thought to be shite? I had taken a break from watching us around then. 

As a partnership with Mexes at Auxerre he/they were highly rated. Rangers did well getting him on a Bosman and curiously even better selling him to us for £8m 🙂

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

As a partnership with Mexes at Auxerre he/they were highly rated. Rangers did well getting him on a Bosman and curiously even better selling him to us for £8m 🙂

Always wanted us to get Mexes he was a great wonderkid on some of the early CM games

7 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

If we could only get one in permanently, and it would mean you lose the other to someone else would you rather Pacqueta or Sesko? 

Paqueta. 

4 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

He’s not , ☹️

I didnt mean we dont need a new midfielder we do, but Almirons pre season form doesnt change anything. Even if he do keep ut the form we need more.