More transfer rumours

midds

Werner is absolutely rapid, that's why he would be a successful signing. Look, he isn't going to score the same number as Wilson, unless he can replicate his form from Germany but he's a very good footballer, plays on the shoulder and would thrive off Brunos through balls.

Chelsea as a club are poison to a players confidence because they allow zero time for development. If you aren't up to it on day one, they just sign a replacement.

Werner would be a main man here and can play in any of our front 3 positions. He's also young enough to be coached. He's absolutely an Eddie Howe type player.

He was one of the players I'd picked out as perfect for us before the window but I've always thought his wages would make it impossible.

Players can fail for various kind of reasons. Sometimes it’s due to the team, sometimes it’s due to the opponent and sometimes it’s due to the player himself 

Werner, unfortunately, is the third type of player. If you take a look at his history, and some of his former managers comments, you will know that he is technically flawed/limited and unless you have a system that gives him the best environment to play, he will be a liability.

He really isn't a very good footballer though. Not in the truest sense technically. His technique is subpar for a player at his level. Watch the highlights of his goals at Chelsea - they're all awkward tap ins or shots hit as hard as possible straight at the goal (some are legitimately bad goalkeeping). These are the ones where he got away with poor technique.

He is quick and he does work really hard - which are attributes that I respect. And he can cover wide positions too with pace and running. So I do see the logic of targeting him from tactical point of view - particularly if we are playing a counter attacking style. And I'd rather see him play than Chris Wood of course.

Edited by ponsaelius

3 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

The way international football is now, especially in UEFA, I'm inclined to say that his international record isn't that good for Germany's main CF.

Gnabry has 20 in 34 from the wing.

He has a golden boot from an international tournament, has found the net against France, Spain, Italy, Netherlands and a host of others. Not to mention 4 Champion’s League goals with Chelsea. He’s 26 years old. There is an absolute top drawer player in there with plenty of time to shine. 

If Joelinton can go from awful to good then I’m sure Werner could. Fresh start “from scratch” in a “smaller pond” and belief from his manager can make a massive difference. I’m absolutely certain he’d provide us another dimension even IF he doesnt score tons of goals. He’s a handful and his off the ball movement and pace would cause problems and give space to others. My gut feeling is that if we get him then he will be a success, I just feel it in my gut. Versatile too. 

Guest HTT II

I’m not keen on Werner like, misses loads of gilt edged chances and he won’t get anywhere near the number of chances he’s had at Chelsea here.

If anyone can get the best out of Werner I would think its Howe - The way he has turned around some of the worst performers (Krafth, Big Joe) and made them work as real players gives me the belief that having a front three of ASM - Wilson - Werner until Wilson sadly gets injured would be a very strong attacking force.

4 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

He really isn't a very good footballer though. Not in the truest sense technically. His technique is subpar for a player at his level. Watch the highlights of his goals at Chelsea - they're all awkward tap ins or shots hit as hard as possible straight at the goal (some are legitimately bad goalkeeping). These are the ones where he got away with poor technique.

He is quick and he does work really hard - which are attributes that I respect. And he can cover wide positions too with pace and running. So I do see the logic of targeting him from tactical point of view. And I'd rather see him play than Chris Wood of course.

Watched 2 minutes of this video to prove you were talking rubbish. There's about every type of goal and assist imaginable in here.

He's quick, he's direct, he can finish, assist, press, the whole works. 

He's failed at Chelsea because they are looking for the difference between finishing 3rd and 1st, which means fine margins. For a top 6 aspiring club, he will smash it.

I think it's strange that his "footballing ability" or technique or whatever is being called into question. His finishing, based upon his time at Chelsea and his frequent offsides, maybe, but whenever I see him he seems to have good vision, a crisp pass and a decent touch. All characteristics of a technically sound player.

Throw in his engine and [I presume therefore] his ability to press from the front, I think think he'd be perfect for Howe's play style.

Edited by Lenny

7 minutes ago, STM said:

Watched 2 minutes of this video to prove you were talking rubbish. There's about every type of goal and assist imaginable in here.

He's quick, he's direct, he can finish, assist, press, the whole works. 

He's failed at Chelsea because they are looking for the difference between finishing 3rd and 1st, which means fine margins. For a top 6 aspiring club, he will smash it.

Christ it is exciting to imagine that kind of attacking threat in our current system. 

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

Christ it is exciting to imagine that kind of attacking threat in our current system. 

Precisely my thoughts. You can see him linking up with Bruno, ASM and Wilson, like a dream.