Jump to content

More transfer rumours


midds
 Share

Recommended Posts

I’d sooner have Broja on loan with no obligation. Not arsed if it’s loan only. Buy a winger and another CM, he’d be a decent option for a year to compete with Wilson and keep Wood out of the side until we can buy a higher profile striker next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, STM said:

Lingard can play in 3 positions and is a good player. If it means being allowed to sell Murphy or Almiron to raise more funds, then its a good decision.

 

Mind you, I think he thought PSG etc would come calling for him on a free. Not Everton and West Ham [emoji38]

 

 

It's because at best, he's slightly above average.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

No he was going to play RW, but he isn’t a winger and never has been.

I think I'd be okay with Howes judgement on where he sees Lingard fitting into this side

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Nine said:

I think I'd be okay with Howes judgement on where he sees Lingard fitting into this side

Fair enough, personally I would prefer to sign an actual right winger to play on the wing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Fair enough, personally I would prefer to sign an actual right winger to play on the wing.

I think Lingard is well set up to play off Antonio in WistAm’s system, we could do this same off Wilson in ours but it would fuck the current shape a little.

Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Lingard is essentially a slightly more productive Almiron. If he was our answer to the right wing, it would be incredibly disappointing.

I'm not saying he would be an amazing signing and I wouldn't want him at RW but he's far more productive than Almiron.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, The Prophet said:

I think Edwards is most likely correct that it'll be a quiet week at the office.

Agreed, might be some YT movements and reserve players but hope to see some outgoings whilst EH assessed the squad.

Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Nine said:

In an ideal world - Broja on loan with option to buy, Lingard in on a reasonable wage (<100k, with good bonuses) and then we could spend on a CM.

What a thoroughly underwhelming ideal world :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Lingard is essentially a slightly more productive Almiron. If he was our answer to the right wing, it would be incredibly disappointing.

It’s frowned upon to say the D word on here :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PeepShow4life said:

I'm not saying he would be an amazing signing and I wouldn't want him at RW but he's far more productive than Almiron.

 

He's had one good spell in his career and it was playing central in a 4-2-3-1.

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

 

It's because at best, he's slightly above average.

Yeah but, here's the thing... I don't agree with you. Funny old world.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, The Prophet said:

 

He's had one good spell in his career and it was playing central in a 4-2-3-1.

Aye, never played at a world cup or anything before that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

What a thoroughly underwhelming ideal world :lol:

Ideal =/= realistic I suppose, I'd be okay with it

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, gdm said:

It’s frowned upon to say the D word on here :lol:

 

I think due to his wages it'll be a non-starter, plus unless we're really struggling for cash I think Howe will have more sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, STM said:

Yeah but, here's the thing... I don't agree with you. Funny old world.

 

Fair enough, playing at a World Cup hardly makes him a good player mind.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

 

I think due to his wages it'll be a non-starter, plus unless we're really struggling for cash I think Howe will have more sense.

In jan it made sense going for him coz it would have been a loan and we were in trouble. Going for him now makes no sense. Apart from a short spell for West Ham he’s hardly kicked a ball in recent seasons 

 

 

Edited by gdm

Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to be in favour of Lingard because I thought he might be desperate to prove himself away from Man Utd and I do think he is capable. Now I get the impression that his priority is squeezing more money out of his last big contract. He should’ve had us or West Ham lined up for when he became a free agent, but instead he’s sitting there demanding big money. Everton would be the most suitable club for him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Would be disappointed in Lingard signing. Think we really need to be looking at a younger profile of players.


I don’t think he’s a great deal better than Fraser & Almiron. He’s better but I saw enough from those two they could do a job under Howe. He’d not be worth the significant wage increase for the slight increase in ability.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...