Jump to content

More transfer rumours


midds
 Share

Recommended Posts

Watford have made four signings for a relative pittance already this transfer window, three of whom played today and managed to look like footballers and athletes. Meanwhile we've been busy convincing ourselves of a job well done after splashing £25 million on Chris Wood. I know that none of the movers and shakers at our club have been in their positions for all that long, but there are deals to be had which don't involve protracted negotiations or acts of desperation for heavily inflated fees.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Gottlob said:

Watford have made four signings for a relative pittance already this transfer window, three of whom played today and managed to look like footballers and athletes. Meanwhile we've been busy convincing ourselves of a job well done after splashing £25 million on Chris Wood. I know that none of the movers and shakers at our club have been in their positions for all that long, but there are deals to be had which don't involve protracted negotiations or acts of desperation for heavily inflated fees.

This is a good post and I agree. Our recruitment outside trips has been poor. It is possible to find players 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Gottlob said:

Watford have made four signings for a relative pittance already this transfer window, three of whom played today and managed to look like footballers and athletes. Meanwhile we've been busy convincing ourselves of a job well done after splashing £25 million on Chris Wood. I know that none of the movers and shakers at our club have been in their positions for all that long, but there are deals to be had which don't involve protracted negotiations or acts of desperation for heavily inflated fees.


In fairness Watford are a unique situation in that they can transfer players between their affiliated teams (Udinese) so easily.

 

But doesn’t excuse how terrible our recruitment operation is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, xLiaaamx said:

I just don't trust Eddie Howe to pick the right players. 

This, do not let him have the sway at all. Him talking about loving a big man up front signing and we spunking 25 on a player that has been gash the whole seasong and showed that he isnt suited to whatever howe is trying.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

I just don't trust Eddie Howe to pick the right players. 


We have just signed Wood for £25m, what gives you the idea he isn’t shrewd in the transfer market……..:harry:

 

 

Edited by reefatoon

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

This is a good post and I agree. Our recruitment outside trips has been poor. It is possible to find players 

 

Hope we can find another half dozen or so before the window closes then. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Dummett/Lewis would be fine till the end of the season. I thought Dummett played pretty good today considering it was his first game in ages.

 

Lascelles has to be replaced immediately. I'm fine with Schar.

 

Depends how many we plan to get. If it's only three more I'd sign a center back, central midfielder and another striker.

Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

Any player signed now will have to decide if they want to play championship football next season. I’m not sure we’d need too much depending on outgoings to do well next season?

Think it's more whether the club is ready to spend millions just to loose all the players and money with release clauses in the summer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, worthy said:

This, do not let him have the sway at all. Him talking about loving a big man up front signing and we spunking 25 on a player that has been gash the whole seasong and showed that he isnt suited to whatever howe is trying.

He’s been here for 2 days, you moron.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

He’s been here for 2 days, you moron.

But what we have around him doesn't work. We haven't catered to a slow big guy under Howe at all, if you cant see this. Then I think we all know who's the simpleton ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

We're the richest club in the world and we're still haggling over transfer fees like Mike Ashley owns us, even though we've won 1 in 22 this season and our only hand is being the richest club in the world. Always has to be something with this club. Start spending the money and secure our fucking future.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Yorkie changed the title to January Transfer Window 2022 Rumours (DEADLINE DAY): Targett signs, Burn undergoing medical, Ekitike and Lingard deals dead
  • Rich changed the title to More transfer rumours

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...