XBOX LIVE

Guest henryb1

Guest henryb1

just got a 360 for xmas, but i want to get on xbox live. can someone please tell me how to set it up, and where its cheapest to buy. I m sure i remember reading somewhere on here that it could be bought for 20 quid??

Thanks

Merry xmas :)

just got a 360 for xmas, but i want to get on xbox live. can someone please tell me how to set it up, and where its cheapest to buy. I m sure i remember reading somewhere on here that it could be bought for 20 quid??

Thanks

You will get xbox live free for a month mate, get properly setup using that 1st, then worry about buying the live after that  :thup:

Thanks

are you connected to some sort of network? if you havent bought a wireless network card, you may need one unless you can wire it to your router. Once you're on the internet, setting up live is fairly simple.

& you'll have a month free sub with the console probably... as said above.

• 3 months later...

Reet, got my xbox360.

Question.

How do I have it connect to my PC (to play media) and also connected to Xbox live?

I don't want to be swapping ethernet cables constantly.

Cheers.

Too good for the games section are we? ;)

I do mine wirelessly and its no effort at all, gets it online and playes all my media through Zune on the PC. Downside is it costs £50-60 for the adapter (ask Dave, probably find you one for £10).

Reet, got my xbox360.

Question.

How do I have it connect to my PC (to play media) and also connected to Xbox live?

I don't want to be swapping ethernet cables constantly.

Cheers.

Too good for the games section are we? ;)

I do mine wirelessly and its no effort at all, gets it online and playes all my media through Zune on the PC. Downside is it costs £50-60 for the adapter (ask Dave, probably find you one for £10).

Didn't know there was a games bit.  :blush:

Didn't really want to shell out.  But if I have to....does it not go slow?

Will I need to buy a wireless router (having already invested in a wirey one  >:()?

Well, as long as your wirey router is close enough for the cable to plug into 360 from it, then you can do it that way and it won't cost you a thing.

My wireless one isn't slow, it depends on your connection and distance between wireless router and adapter on the back of your xbox.

Basically just wait for Dave to come online and he'll probably sort you out. :thup:

What games did you get?

Well, as long as your wirey router is close enough for the cable to plug into 360 from it, then you can do it that way and it won't cost you a thing.

My wireless one isn't slow, it depends on your connection and distance between wireless router and adapter on the back of your xbox.

Basically just wait for Dave to come online and he'll probably sort you out. :thup:

What games did you get?

Cheers.

Got PES6, GOW and Crackdown with a premium xbox for £284.99.  Crackdown still hasn't arrived, I haven't got a clue what's going on in GOW and find it impossible to score on PES despite dominating games.  Was thinking I'll not bother with games and just use it for the media centre  :D  But I can't even sort that out  :laugh:

Still, worked out how to plug my ipod into it all by myself  :toothy:

What games did you get?

Cheers.

Got PES6, GOW and Crackdown with a premium xbox for £284.99.  Crackdown still hasn't arrived, I haven't got a clue what's going on in GOW and find it impossible to score on PES despite dominating games.  Was thinking I'll not bother with games and just use it for the media centre  :D  But I can't even sort that out  :laugh:

Download TVeristy and Bob's your Uncle tbh... It works fine for me. I can watch any format via my PC through my 360 onto my Tele.. Saves alot of disks and fart on, just download and watch. It even works with HD if you have a HD tele..

The one ethernet cable does media sharing and xbox live

Forgive my stupidity but my PC and xbox only have one ethernet connection.  one to the other leaves no input for a modem. If I attach both to a router, then how does the xbox access my pc?

And having persisted with GOW, I've got with the program.  Mint.

What games did you get?

Cheers.

i dont mean to be ott harsh but... retard.

What games did you get?

Cheers.

i dont mean to be ott harsh but... retard.

Not one for self depreciating humour there are you  :nope:

its this line

Was thinking I'll not bother with games and just use it for the media centre

disgraceful.

Plus, i seem to have gone on a mission in my drunkeness last night to be as 'frank' as possible to folk! apologies! At least i didnt start the typical hilarious omzzgzg!11! drunken posts.

its this line

Was thinking I'll not bother with games and just use it for the media centre

disgraceful.

Plus, i seem to have gone on a mission in my drunkeness last night to be as 'frank' as possible to folk! apologies! At least i didnt start the typical hilarious omzzgzg!11! drunken posts.

You sound an awful lot like Glen when you say that, tbh