Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

But also on the subject of agent we need to be aware that this is how the game is played, they get massive fees. 

Didn’t Haalands agent get 40m?

It’s more acceptable if we are buying a proven quantity though.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

It’s more acceptable if we are buying a proven quantity though.

Absolutely and it depends on the nature of the negotiation too. If everything has been agreed including agent fees and then the price suddenly rises then you absolutely have to walk away. I’m guessing this is what’s happened here his agent has thought he’s in for a massive pay day and moved the goal posts. 

Not sure how this affects us moving forward, by all accounts we still wanted a RW and a striker as well as him. Maybe we go for someone higher profile in those positions now we have a bit more cash ? 

It’s good to avoid being taking advantage of, but it’s also good to sign the players you need. 

Hard to say since we don’t know, but I’d be concerned if we’re only looking at players who have lovely blokes as their agents. 

Of course I 100% trust the club at this point and I’m sure we’ll get people in. 

And as someone said, it could be tactical. 

I still think it will happen. If there’s a full agreement with club and player I’m surely we’ll grind this one out. 

I’m pleased the club aren’t being taken for mugs. 

Absolutely love this stance from the club. It will put us in a good place with future deals if we show now that we won't pay over the odds for anything (transfer fees, wages, agent fees etc)

His agent said this after we failed in Jan - 

He told French title L'Equipe via Inside Futbol : “We were not convinced about the sports project and we saw no short or medium-term plan with their approach.

“Hugo has achieved great things in just six months but as he is attached to the club, we agreed with the leaders to end the season with Reims.”

4 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Absolutely love this stance from the club. It will put us in a good place with future deals if we show now that we won't pay over the odds for anything (transfer fees, wages, agent fees etc)

100% this

If the article is accurate and the clubs and player are all ready to do the deal and it's the agent that's holding it up, I think this one will still happen.

Good move from the club, appreciate we have to be patient with signings but something was obviously amiss here given how long we had been negotiating with Reims and the player, etc... and given how long those discussions have taken place for, with every day that went by and no nearer to signing, it was obvious something wasn't right.

Correct stance from the club, move on to the next target.