Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

Shame if true because he looks an exciting talent but pleased if this draws a line in the sand. Paying massively over the odds for Chris Wood only exacerbated the Saudi tax stuff so a middle-finger to some chancer - be it a club, a player or an agent - was always likely to happen at some point, in order to emphasise the fact that we're not going to be fleeced at every opportunity. 

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It’s good to avoid being taking advantage of, but it’s also good to sign the players you need. 

Hard to say since we don’t know, but I’d be concerned if we’re only looking at players who have lovely blokes as their agents. 

Of course I 100% trust the club at this point and I’m sure we’ll get people in. 

And as someone said, it could be tactical. 

We don't need him yet though. If anything this decision will speed things up. It's either already over, or the player will do what is necessary.

14 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

We could easily be playing his agent at his own games too, seeing if he comes crawling back on our terms.

I'm sure there's a bit of that, but at the same time we won't want to lose out on secondary targets so we will probably have put a deadline on how long we are prepared to hang on waiting for his camp to make their minds up. I personally think we've sort of drawn a line under it, and will be sounding out other strikers now. It would take a pretty quick turnaround from his agent for this to happen now.

Gonna be a lot of slow negotiations for us this window I reckon.

As long as the club know when to move on and not get bogged down in agent/club bullshit.

It's the most relaxed yet interested I've been in absolutely ages like.

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Mind you I wouldn't bet against this being a play to make the agent get a grip. 

My first thought was around the collapse of the takeover and subsequent reports that PIF had walked away from the deal to buy the club in 2020. Maybe this is just how they like to negotiate.

I wonder if Ashworth is handling this. Either way, having him at a club now reassures me that we are handling this the right way.

If only one journo is reporting it, maybe its a deliberate leak to communicate something to Reims or Ekitike himself.

18 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Mind you I wouldn't bet against this being a play to make the agent get a grip. 

I think we've probably walked away, which is to say we've left them with a take it or leave it offer, and so it's up to them.

If the agent comes back before we complete a different deal then we'll do the deal, or else it's likely done I think.

This has been the state of play since January. They really are taking the piss.

1 hour ago, RS said:

Great stuff from the club if true. Refreshing not to do the usual and cave to these money grabbing agents who seem to want what’s best for them and not who they represent. 
if Ekitike bought in to these demands then good riddance to him as well. 

This ^