Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

Don't really understand the mentality of "We really need to bin these deals off that are taking time", in January I can understand it given how pressing everything would have been, but this window has only just officially opened, and we still have well over 2 months to get transfers done, we've also already signed two players (Pope and Targett), so they're clearly working on multiple deals at the same time, its not like they're slacking, or actively avoiding doing deals like in previous summers.

If we've got our priority signings, we should try and exhaust every possible avenue to get it done, rather then just chuck them in the sea at the first sign of adversity. Think they've actually handled this perfectly to be honest.

Edited by 54

14 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

As much as I trust the club and their signings- this one worried me anyway as I think he’s too inexperienced after just one season in a less stressful league and the thought of him being our main man when Wilson gets injured (and he will) isn’t a jolly thought.

Well I'm with the club on this one tbh, from what I've seen he's got some real promise, and crucially looks to have some football intelligence as well. I can understand why they pushed hard for it, but ultimately he has to want the move himself as well.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Well I'm with the club on this one tbh, from what I've seen he's got some real promise, and crucially looks to have some football intelligence as well. I can understand why they pushed hard for it, but ultimately he has to want the move himself as well.

Reminds me of Rafa and Abrahams.

1 minute ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Reminds me of Rafa and Abrahams.

I always felt we could have signed Abrahams back then if the club had backed Rafa. With this one it feels like Howe has been supported to the hilt to get his man.

3 hours ago, NWMag said:

Also how reliable is 90 mins? No other journo has backed their story up so far 

Although a lot of you don’t like to admit it but it’s what Luke Edwards said a couple of days ago. That the player was being badly advised and the agent was causing all the trouble.

33 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Problem is, without them the players would get absolutely fleeced by the clubs it would be horrendous. They are a necessary evil 

Fleeced? They're getting an annual salary every week. A lifetimes earnings in a year. And you're worried about the poor wee lambs getting fleeced.

Just now, ManDoon said:

And if they didn’t who do you think gets that money? The billionaire owners? Great. They get what they deserve for the amount of money they generate. It’s one of the only times under capitalism that the workers are not being exploited 

Where does the money come from is my major concern.

35 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Problem is, without them the players would get absolutely fleeced by the clubs it would be horrendous. They are a necessary evil 

No they wouldn’t. KDB and RS at Man City both done their deals without an agent. Milner never had one and just used an FA guy.

Until clubs stop paying agents instead of players there will always be anarchy. Absolute no need for them though.

I said it weeks ago that there was a touch of the Anelka about this lad when it comes to whoever was advising him.

If his father is also heavily involved that will not be a link that will break so we’ll be dealing with bullshit frequently. If the club have walked away then it’s probably the right call.

Again, we’re going on one journos tweet, nothing else.

Guest HTT II

It probably says something where I’d rather trust an agent over a journo, football is too full of slime bag shit houses!

Happy with either walking away or walking away as a bargaining tactic. If the agent doesn’t back down then it clearly wasn’t going to happen anyway. Shame if it doesn’t work out as I was excited about this one 

Just now, ManDoon said:

They are established mega stars. What about the guys coming up from academies? 

Already on £1000’s per week? They’ll be fine if they are good enough. None of them got parents or guardians to run things past? 🙂 Footballers are no different to you or I. The perception given they need an agent is just rubbish. It’s basically PFM stuff.

5 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Football as in industry is absolutely ludicrously big. Not just on the club level but you have to factor in TV, bars, tourism, all The other media it funds. I’d Rather the talent got the money 

Aye, and the only poor cunts getting fleeced are the fans.

If the player employs an agent then they should pay them. But I suppose practically it wouldn’t make much difference if players just demanded more to cover agent fees anyway. 

No doubt loads/most of agents are money-crazed twats. But I can see the need for someone to get the best possible deal for a player in such a rich industry. 

Just a shame if an agent doesn’t do what is right for their client’s career in order to trouser more cash. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

33 minutes ago, 54 said:

Don't really understand the mentality of "We really need to bin these deals off that are taking time", in January I can understand it given how pressing everything would have been, but this window has only just officially opened, and we still have well over 2 months to get transfers done, we've also already signed two players (Pope and Targett), so they're clearly working on multiple deals at the same time, its not like they're slacking, or actively avoiding doing deals like in previous summers.

If we've got our priority signings, we should try and exhaust every possible avenue to get it done, rather then just chuck them in the sea at the first sign of adversity. Think they've actually handled this perfectly to be honest.

Agreed, it is class that we have so many fans who are aware of how the recruitment team manage their time though.

Just now, ManDoon said:

The vast majority are not on anywhere near that and are working class kids from lower socioeconomic backgrounds. You’d trust parents to

make the right call? Negotiate contract law? They are much different to you or I in that they are a massively expensive commodity and subject to way different pressures than you or I 

You not got a contract with your job? I have and didn’t need a lawyer or agent to check it. Footballers have a union. One of the strongest in the country. Just use them.

PS Players don’t even pay for their own union membership. Another that needs to change. They should all be paying 5% into a pot.

Honestly man don’t get me started on modern day footballers being hard done by or exploited 🙂

There is a huge amount of exploitation of kids strung along with hope they will get signed and then dumped after they've given up their education with little subsequent support. Plenty with good reason to feel hard done by

Ekitike deal isn't dead, but clearly there's some brinkmanship going on by the agent and we are getting frustrated. If the player is serious about coming he'd be kicking off to get this sorted - it's no doubt posturing on our part with element of seriousness about pulling out if we keep getting dicked around.

It's frustrating, but I'm pleased we are no push over and there's still plenty of time to get other targets in if we do find this one is not worth our time and effort. Wouldn't surprise me either if next week its back on.

Edited by hakka

Players should have agents just as, rather topically, workers should be in unions. We see time and again that Union represented staff get better deals.

The only problem is, as NUFC fans we're cheering on the corporation. That's why we don't think they should have agents.

2 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Players should have agents just as, rather topically, workers should be in unions. We see time and again that Union represented staff get better deals.

The only problem is, as NUFC fans we're cheering on the corporation. That's why we don't think they should have agents.

Maybe we should set up a players union.