Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

7 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

There is a huge amount of exploitation of kids strung along with hope they will get signed and then dumped after they've given up their education with little subsequent support. Plenty with good reason to feel hard done by

I would say by agents more so than clubs 🙂

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

No other walk of life do people get mad at employees for getting the best deal they can. Only football. Very strange 

Negotiating an annual salary and negotiating a lifetimes earnings in a year, is apples to oranges.

Kane thinking he had a verbal agreement that he could be sold under certian conditions rather than getting it written into his contract is a perfect example of why players need a good outside representative. 

The problem is when there's so much money on the line there's always going to be personal gain and greed that means some of these people will operate with the best intentions for themselves rather than the player. Having a family member do it can just make things even more messy. Dembele can't get a move away from Barca ATM because he is agent wants  £45m in fees, that's just ridiculous. 

20 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

No other walk of life do people get mad at employees for getting the best deal they can. Only football. Very strange 

I think it's more the massive payments extorted from clubs by agents that people have an issue with, like Mino Raiola getting £16m just in 'fees' from Man U when they bought Pogba back. 

Guest HTT II

My mate (well someone I know pretty well) is an agent for lower league/non league players and he’s self employed basically, he gets a percentage of whatever wage he negotiates for them at their respective clubs for his salary and a cut of any future transfer deals. He probably makes more on getting his players to sign new deals at their clubs and it’s all pre built into so the player and clubs pretty much know his costs from the off.

He also tries to negotiate sponsorship deals for them individually outside of any club affiliated stuff and stuff like Xmas turning on the lights shit or even podcasts and now social media stuff, which he deals with. Thats a potential money spinner for him and his clients where I think it’s 50-50 based minus costs to operate.

He has a modest salary I’d say, even less so than his clients who are on modest wages compared to most professional footballers higher up the chain. He’s a good guy and says he would hate to be an agent of a mega star and thinks a lot of money is wrongly taken away from players and the game from agents and it’s a closed shop, same with scouting etc.

Footballers definitely need agents, but the issue is how regulated it all is or rather not. Don’t kid yourselves clubs will screw footballers, look at what we did with Jonas. Don’t kid yourself the whole game isn’t corrupted either, because it is, at every level. Even the PFA with there absolute millions in the bank and paying executives millions for doing fuck all really.

We will do deals where backhanders will happen, it’s the nature of the beast. Same in any line of business, from small to multi billion pound worth companies. The SE is so corrupt for example. Most in the game are leaches, I’d rather the talent got the rewards and the money stayed within the game, but good agents who are sadly few and far between deserve their cut too. If my son ever made it, I’d advise him as best as I could without any financial motives of my own, but I’d want him well represented to make sure he doesn’t get screwed over by a club or others and to of course maximise his earnings. That’s business, that’s life.

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

I think it's more the massive payments extorted from clubs by agents that people have an issue with, like Mino Raiola getting £16m just in 'fees' from Man U when they bought Pogba back. 

But they are willing to pay it because they too are greedy and know such sweet deals will keep them in the agent’s good books and have a line of other players with them to tap into. And to be fair if I can earn my client over 100m in a short career I want 20% or more of that at least.

23 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

So they shouldn’t be allowed to get the best deal? You can lose your career in football overnight. 

They've used that to justify their demands since the 80s. I had sympathy then. PFA was set up to deal with such issues. 

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Jonas is a the perfect example. That’s how ruthless they are even with agents, imagine them without it.

Of course cunts like Mendes and Riaola are terrible guys, but there are people in this thread saying footballers shouldn’t be able to negotiate the best salary for them. I don’t see why not.

They could severely clamp down on agents fees (which they should imo) but don’t kid yourself that the money won’t go straight into an execs pocket 

Exactly, I also agree footballers should get something from image rights and sponsorships too!

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

They've used that to justify their demands since the 80s. I had sympathy then. PFA was set up to deal with such issues. 

The PFA is a joke, basically gangsters taxing footballers…

Guest HTT II

Is that because there aren't actually that many whose careers are ended overnight?

No it’s because they hide in the background doing very little. Show Racism the Red Card and Kick it Out do more for footballers at every level, grassroots and pro, than those money spinners… trust me I know a former ex (club not named) academy player who suffered an injury that ended his bright future and the PFA did fuck all for him, mind nor did the club in question. Thankfully we have local clubs like Gateshead who take care of people wanting back in the game somehow…

Edited by HTT II

Just now, HTT II said:

No it’s because they hide in the background doing very little. Show Racism the Red Card and Kick it Out do more for footballers at every level, grassroots and pro, than those money spinners… trust me I know a former ex (club not named) academy player who suffered an injury that ended his bright future and the PFA did fuck all for him, mind nor did the club in question. Thankfully we have local clubs like Gateshead who take care of people wanting back in the game somehow…

I've no doubt, but that's not particularly pertinent to my point.

Guest HTT II
Just now, Happinesstan said:

I've no doubt, but that's not particularly pertinent to my point.

Sorry, maybe I’m being dumb, but what is your point?

Guest HTT II

I think i's pretty clear if you read the conversation.

I can’t read…

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

"So that'll be €13 million on completion lads."

FV8dSpnX0AIZWjV.jpeg.jpg

Needs it for a new top lip.

But seriously, who is this?