Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

@ManDoon& @HTT II to a lesser degree. You're arguing something I have never disagreed with. I believe players should get paid their worth. I just think they are overvalued due to the obscene amounts of money the game fleeces from the average supporter. And unless you have any other justification for their value beyond, "the money has to go somewhere" I think we should stop the discussion.

Maybe footballers who deserved their mutli million pound boot deal, because it's a short career, and their image rights, because it's a short career, and their signing on fees, because it's a short career, and a job in the media at the end of their short career, deserve to be have their rape charges viewed differently, because of the money they generate for their victims.  Does the victim not have the right to exploit their earning potential if a high profile star assaults them?

I know I'm getting ridiculous you don't have to tell me.

Just now, ManDoon said:

:lol: No you’re right, what Marx would actually want is the employee to be crushed by the corp who owns him, and for them to profit wildly off the fruits of their Labour. Marx being a famous hater of workers 

Keep inventing arguments that I've never offered all you want mate.

Footballers should get the value of their labour, but they get too much because fans shouldn't be getting ripped off for the amount that that value is.

There you go, now you're both right. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

Agent seems like a cunt, there needs to be some kind of regulation for them, if a fee and terms have been agreed theres no way an agent should be able to stall the deal.

Edit: If the reports are true.

Edited by Numbers

If he signs, from what we know his agent could be a massive pain in the arse going forward. Sticking him in the shop window at every opportunity, digging in at contract renewal time, etc. I hope he bins him or it has the potential to become a headache for the club.

8 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Centrist stuff :bluestar:. Nah you’re right though, I just fail to see why it’s always them that come in for criticism when everyone else is revered for high earning. 

Nobody was criticising the players. You were defending agents.

15 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Funny that the above photo is creating a massive amount of fewwwwwm, when it almost certainly means very little.

Was thinking that. Most people on twitter have concluded that because he's put an "N" in there, it's quite obviously directed towards us.[emoji38]

21 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Funny that the above photo is creating a massive amount of fewwwwwm, when it almost certainly means very little.

I don't get it? Why people feeling insulted over it?

The backtracking if he signs will be sensational. As if folk genuinely believe a 20 year old footballer living in France has been listening to Keith Downie and Graeme Bailey all day and thought "have this you cunts..."