Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I’m sure we were planning to buy him and someone else. It’s not one or the other IMO. 

Totally. I wonder if the Ekitike deal falling through would make us rethink our strategy and see us go all out for one striking target or even use the funds to go after someone who was previously out of reach like Diaby/Paqueta.

Edited by STM

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I’m sure we were planning to buy him and someone else. It’s not one or the other IMO. 

Imo we're looking only for a backup to Wilson this window and Ekitike is our primary target for that role. His stats for the season can rival any £50 million striker.

Bruno is the prime example if someone taking the gamble and embracing the project. From this kids highlights he’s more than capable of doing the same thing. If he hasn’t got the right attitude though and wants to play silly bastards - fuck him, simple as that. There will be another player who will buy into what we’re building.

56 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

His reluctance to join us for the last 6 months makes me think he's really not the player for us, surely there are many other options that are more proven that we can go for?

Exactly this. I'd like us to be looking at players who actively want to come here and be part of something. Not ones who are only after the paycheck on the way to Man City/PSG.

Under Ashley we were deliberately marketed as a stepping stone. That isn't the case now. 

I can understand him not wanting to jump ship for a relegation fight in a completely different league in January. It was his breakthrough season and things were going well for him.

This summer I think he's just being badly advised by a total moron of an agent. I don't think Ekitike or his agent or against signing for us, more so just believing he can get him a deal at PSG/Dortmund etc. It's been handled pretty shoddily, like.

13 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Exactly this. I'd like us to be looking at players who actively want to come here and be part of something. Not ones who are only after the paycheck on the way to Man City/PSG.

Under Ashley we were deliberately marketed as a stepping stone. That isn't the case now. 

Journalists are consistently reporting that the lad has agreed personal terms, some going as far to say that there's a five year deal on the table.

There's been a lot of speculation as to what's going on with his agent from his fees to wanting a minimum release clause, it sounds like jourmlists trying to fill in the gaps.

I don't think we know enough to be suggesting that the player himself is chasing a pay cheque. The only real worry for me if he does sign is the behaviour of his agent going forward. Is he going to be trying to get him a move every transfer window?

1 hour ago, relámpago blanco said:

When was the last time we had made 2 first team signings before july

I said that 112 pages ago in January.

Top effort reading the whole thread.

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Journalists are consistently reporting that the lad has agreed personal terms, some going as far to say that there's a five year deal on the table.

There's been a lot of speculation as to what's going on with his agent from his fees to wanting a minimum release clause, it sounds like jourmlists trying to fill in the gaps.

I don't think we know enough to be suggesting that the player himself is chasing a pay cheque. The only real worry for me if he does sign is the behaviour of his agent going forward. Is he going to be trying to get him a move every transfer window?

If a player wants a move, they generally get it regardless of what the agent wants. If the player has left everything in the agents hands they're clearly not that arsed about the move and are only interested in the £££.

This one should be left and move on to other targets. If he wants to be here the agent will be back cap in hand

1 hour ago, relámpago blanco said:

Sorry, I don't have the time to read every single post on this forum.  I'll make sure I do in future.

Just read the date at the top next time, it might help.

26 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

If a player wants a move, they generally get it regardless of what the agent wants. If the player has left everything in the agents hands they're clearly not that arsed about the move and are only interested in the £££.

This one should be left and move on to other targets. If he wants to be here the agent will be back cap in hand

He's 20. I think this is generally true of older players.

We are so unproven. The whole project is unproven. And we've been shit all his memorable life. He may think it's a good idea but I can see him leaning on an agent / parents for a final decision.

Also apparently he's agreed his own terms. So it's just agent shit knocking about. Agent could be telling him all will be resolved, he's just getting his own money right.

4 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

We haven’t got the budget for 2 strikers I don’t think, we still have other positions to fill.

2 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

When it comes to his agent unless we get him on a crazy long deal we’re going to be back to square one when his deals coming to an end having to deal with a humongous prick.

So what? In a couple of years hopefully we'll be at a stage where we can attract any amount of top strikers. If he wants to leave for other pastures, we will probably be able to sell him for a decent fee and on to the next one.

2 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

117C9AE2-F1EC-4380-9907-B08A835E6765.jpeg.8d2b247ee16bc77b96ecc2a40b0f511c.jpeg

Ffp is very real this  year, people need to stop thinking “we’re the richest club in the world etc”

and we need a cb, rw  and hopefully cm still 

Edited by Gawalls

5 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

I’m not and I know.

I'm still hoping we are doing fantastic deals financially just now so that we can unleash a thunderbastard of a transfer later in the window 

Edited by Ben