Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

1 minute ago, Ben said:

I'm still hoping we are doing fantastic deals financially just now so that we can unleash a thunderbastard of a transfer later in the window 

Yeah that would be nice

20 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Ffp is very real this  year, people need to stop thinking “we’re the richest club in the world etc”

and we need a cb, rw  and hopefully cm still 

We are the richest club in the world though 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

We've got loads of room for FFP and will increase with better commercial deals.

I'm confident we'll panic in a good way and get a top 8 squad by the end of the wndow.

I believe Newcastle said they will spend £200m in the first year just this morning and we’ve already spent £115m (taking £10m for pope) so roughly (very) about £85m left.

Say Hugo and botman went through that’s not a lot left

22 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

I believe Newcastle said they will spend £200m in the first year just this morning and we’ve already spent £115m (taking £10m for pope) so roughly (very) about £85m left.

Say Hugo and botman went through that’s not a lot left

We'll spend more.

Hugo's brought in to be a an attacking option off the bench. We'll sign another attacker - maybe 2.

We'll sign 6 at a minimum imo.

Guest HTT II

I also think Targett’s fee will be seen as part of the January transfer window spend, which they were willing to spend money on a LB as we were linked with Digne, but went for the try before you buy option. Not that any of the rumoured amounts we will spend mentioned by the so called journos means anything, as they have proved they know fuck all. We’ll spend whatever we can on the right players, a modest fee for say Pope, or a big fee for someone else. I mean these are the same journos and Twitter accounts that had us offering Benfica silly money for Nunez just a few weeks back. 

Edited by HTT II

I'd probably be happy from now with Botman, Ekitike (or another young forward/wide option) and a top class right sided player. 

A midfielder of some kind later in the window (might depend on how we see Bruno fitting long term, and even if we get an offer for Shelvey) would then be a bonus. 

Edited by ponsaelius

15 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

We'll spend more.

Hugo's brought in to be a an attacking option off the bench. We'll sign another attacker - maybe 2.

I can’t see us getting 6 in this window

17 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

We'll spend more.

We are constantly being told we won’t spend that kind of money and people don’t want to listen. 

7 minutes ago, gdm said:

We are constantly being told we won’t spend that kind of money and people don’t want to listen. 

Wasn't the same said in January though?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think we'll go nuts, but at the same time I don't think there will be a strict 

budget. It'll be more like, let's see if we can improve the side on £x and we'll keep £x aside if a player that we really like becomes available.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Don't get me wrong, I don't think we'll go nuts, but at the same time I don't think there will be a strict 

budget. It'll be more like, let's see if we can improve the side on £x and we'll keep £x aside if a player that we really like becomes available.

Yes but we’ve also been told coz of the circumstances we were in and Bruno becoming available. We used money ear marked for the summer in January. Only way we will spend much more imo is if we can recoup some in player sales but that’ll be unlikely to be much 

Edited by gdm

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I was afraid people would expect half a dozen players every window after January.

Edited by Gawalls

I think it's been proven that FFP is only there to generate fines money for EUFA. The richest clubs are more than happy to pay their tithe to stay in Europe. If FFP had any effectiveness, Real Madrid and PSG would have been disbanded by now, but other than a few bribes, they've been left well alone.

I say flash the cash, FFP is irrelevant. 

8 minutes ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

I think it's been proven that FFP is only there to generate fines money for EUFA. The richest clubs are more than happy to pay their tithe to stay in Europe. If FFP had any effectiveness, Real Madrid and PSG would have been disbanded by now, but other than a few bribes, they've been left well alone.

Everyone has been saying this year it’s different, “ffp now has teeth” was one quote, no coincidence it was brought it after our takeover so if we ignore it we will get punished.

Edited by Gawalls

18 minutes ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

Real Madrid?

I’m genuinely not too concerned with how much We spend this summer. 

If the Saudis genuinely want to challenge and win top honours. We’ll have to trouble FFP eventually and spend some big money.  

If not we can be that top 8 side people always wanted us to be under Ashley. 

If we don’t go north of £150m this summer it’s PIF out for me (lyk). They’re happy to spunk $100m dollars a piece on signing no-mark golfers but not their Premier League team? 

Edited by Bompeter