Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

Also back on topic, and imagining this is all Ekitikes agents fault. I still want him, he looks like a seriously smart player imo. For such a young age he has a swagger about his play that can be turned into something special. Little bit more mass on him and I can't see why he wouldn't do a job for us.

I don't get the Henry or Mbappe comparisons though, they had/have raw pace. I feel he's a risk worth taking, even if it ends up with him moving on a few years down the line for a big fee, that's a win.

6 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

Also back on topic, and imagining this is all Ekitikes agents fault. I still want him, he looks like a seriously smart player imo. For such a young age he has a swagger about his play that can be turned into something special. Little bit more mass on him and I can't see why he wouldn't do a job for us.

I don't get the Henry or Mbappe comparisons though, they had/have raw pace. I feel he's a risk worth taking, even if it ends up with him moving on a few years down the line for a big fee, that's a win.

Got to be indicative of someone’s character if they’re willing to essentially work with/employ a cunt.

16 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Got to be indicative of someone’s character if they’re willing to essentially work with/employ a cunt.

Yeh it's not looking great can't lie, just feel it's a shame hence I started with imagining it's all his agent fault. He's a young kid though that easily could've been fooled by this shady agent, from what agents have been known to be like before. Basically me hoping he's actually an angel and will get rid of said agent, sort his shit out and make the move.

There's a reason Howe and co have him as the no.1 target, and I want that to come through for them and the club. With the way Howe has spoken regarding players attitude from day one, I'd imagine they've done background research or whatever it is they do so wouldn't have gone near him if it didn't look good.

Let's see. Plenty of other quality young players out there, and plenty of them would come here in a heartbeat. Once we get to the European competitions and we inevitably play against some great players, they will experience our crowd/atmosphere and love for the players. Will become so much easier to attract them to the club, so many boring clubs with shit fans they will be amazed.

Edited by BonesJones

1 minute ago, Toon No9 said:

So it's on again, eh?🤷‍♂️

On, off... on, off... on, off.....😴

Is still off as far as I can see, only this source is reporting it and if Hugo or his agent wants to push this through all of a sudden- are these the first reporters they’ll tell?

Sounds like garbage to me

5 hours ago, BonesJones said:

Sounds weird but I always think someone else in his place would've completely changed what happened in every match, with no guarantee of the points we got. Like minor things such as he could've made a run that distracted an opposing player and then we scored, another player might have run in a slightly different angle and it didn't impact the game. Maybe I'm just being odd but for all we know those minut things made the difference.

Deserves all the credit for being part of the team that beat the drop and more. Don't rate him though!

Eh?

image.thumb.png.ee249640253cd0364f407ea304a32eb9.png

6 hours ago, BonesJones said:

Yeh it's not looking great can't lie, just feel it's a shame hence I started with imagining it's all his agent fault. He's a young kid though that easily could've been fooled by this shady agent, from what agents have been known to be like before. Basically me hoping he's actually an angel and will get rid of said agent, sort his shit out and make the move.

There's a reason Howe and co have him as the no.1 target, and I want that to come through for them and the club. With the way Howe has spoken regarding players attitude from day one, I'd imagine they've done background research or whatever it is they do so wouldn't have gone near him if it didn't look good.

Let's see. Plenty of other quality young players out there, and plenty of them would come here in a heartbeat. Once we get to the European competitions and we inevitably play against some great players, they will experience our crowd/atmosphere and love for the players. Will become so much easier to attract them to the club, so many boring clubs with shit fans they will be amazed.

Worse.. the shady agent could be family. That is always the worst lol

I still think we will get him. Hope he isn't the only striker we get though.

Wilson 

New striker

Wood

Ekitike 

Should be our pool. Seeing as we generally only play one up top we don't need a 5th. Joelinton or a reserve play can also fill in.

8 hours ago, Toon No9 said:

So it's on again, eh?🤷‍♂️

On, off... on, off... on, off.....😴

It’s never been fully off, the club have basically told the agent what they will pay and are just playing chicken with him now. As other players complete moves (Scamacca to PSG, Haller to BVB etc) his leverage will continue to evaporate. 

I imagine we are sounding out other targets but probably won’t truly walk away unless we can get a deal done for a comparable player quickly. 

I think the only thing Wood did wrong last season was not take enough of the good goal scoring opportunities presented to him, the rest of his play hugely benefited the team.

16 minutes ago, Ben said:

I think the only thing Wood did wrong last season was not take enough of the good goal scoring opportunities presented to him, the rest of his play hugely benefited the team.

Careful lad, you'll have the Wood haters piling in big time with reasonable crack like that. 

Daft cunts can't seem to fathom why we paid the release clause required to guarantee us a PL striker straight away or even ponder how he AND all the other "shite" "deadwood" "championship players" managed to get us so high up the table with top 4 form. 

4 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Careful lad, you'll have the Wood haters piling in big time with reasonable crack like that. 

Daft cunts can't seem to fathom why we paid the release clause required to guarantee us a PL striker straight away or even ponder how he AND all the other "shite" "deadwood" "championship players" managed to get us so high up the table with top 4 form. 

Whilst I agree with you I don't think language like that is necessary. 

We were in a dire situation and desperately needed a focus point and presence up top and Wood provided that - he was a short term fix and helped drag us away from the relegation zone!

14 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Whilst I agree with you I don't think language like that is necessary. 

Aye, I know. Lazy tbf. I meant "dafties" 😉

Sometimes I forget I'm not on Skunkers or down the pub 😜

44 minutes ago, Ben said:

Actually, even his scoring ability wasn’t as bad as some people here make it sound. He scored only 2 goals, but his expected goal was 2.9 anyways. He was just not given a good number of scoring opportunities. 

Edited by Solitude20

Just now, Solitude20 said:

Actually, even his scoring ability wasn’t as bad as some people here make it sound. He scored only 2 goals, but his expected goal was 2.9 anyways. He was just given a good number of scoring opportunities. 

If he was given a good number of scoring opportunities, why isn't his expected goals higher? Must admit I don't understand EG :lol:

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

If he was given a good number of scoring opportunities, why isn't his expected goals higher? Must admit I don't understand EG :lol:

Sorry, it was a typing error. Just fixed it. I meant he was not given a good number of good scoring opportunities. 

1 minute ago, Solitude20 said:

Sorry, it was a typing error. Just fixed it. I meant he was not given a good number of good scoring opportunities. 

I suppose this is my issue with "expected goals". If a striker gets into better positions surely he gets more chances? 

Well true, but it works the other way too. He might be making good runs and the ball doesn’t get delivered. 

It’s just a stat about quality of chances, it can’t be used for more than that. You’d have to work out why he isn’t getting more or better chances. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

5 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I suppose this is my issue with "expected goals". If a striker gets into better positions surely he gets more chances? 

Yeah xG is a metric which shows a players ability to get into goal scoring positions & his team’s ability to get him the ball in those positions. Comparing xG with actual goals scored should give an idea on the players finishing ability.

46 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

So anyone who doesn't agree with you is a 'daft cunt'?

Not going to state my opinions on Wood again, especially as this isn't even his thread but people are allowed to have opinions different to yours.