Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

If he never wanted to come then why did the discussions even get as far as they supposedly have? I’d understand if he’s trying to use leverage for a new contract but that doesn’t seem the case here, it’s odd.

Edit: The Prophet makes a good point, perhaps they were seeing who they could draw out interest from.

Edited by Nine

How have we got to this point twice if he really wasn't interested though? 

Would seem like a gross misuse of time chasing a lad who would only move for real or Barca. That or our scouting team just don't take no [emoji38]

** As above by @Nine

Edited by NE27

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

If we're to take his managers comments at face value, it appears Ekitike has chosen to stay put. I have no issues with that whatsoever, these lads have short careers and they need to look after their best interests.

What isn't kosher is the way that his representatives appear to have handled this potential transfer. By all accounts, his agent is a good mate and Ekitike is the biggest name on his books. Obviously we can only read between the lines, but it appears the club have been led to believe that the player is interested, they've then had a bid accepted, raising his profile. His agent has used then used the publicity to hawk him around Europe, with his name written alongside the European heavyweights. Obviously all ifs and buts, but if that's the case, it's a very bad faith way of going about things.

And currently none of the European heavyweights are pushing to sign him.

Just now, Nine said:

If he never wanted to come then why did the discussions even get as far as they supposedly have? I’d understand if he’s trying to use leverage for a new contract but that doesn’t seem the case here, it’s odd.

Agent leveraging for a bigger club/ better deal. Their loss not ours. Move on now. I wonder who we’ll  sign :cool:

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

Agent leveraging for a bigger club/ better deal. Their loss not ours. Move on now. I wonder who we’ll  sign :cool:

Yeah perhaps, seems odd it was our name used and then PSGs. If that was their play it hasn’t worked very well.

3 minutes ago, NE27 said:

How have we got to this point twice if he really wasn't interested though? 

Would seem like a gross misuse of time chasing a lad who would only move for real or Barca. That or our scouting team just don't take no [emoji38]

** As above by @Nine

The player might be interested, but his agent has definetly used our interest to try and get him a more high profile move elsewhere.

I think it’s a transparently bollocks comment. Made with full awareness of how widely it would be read. Also noticed a statement from the manager saying any deals for ‘HE’ or the other two players, who have been touted around, would have to be done before 10 July, when they go on pre-season tour. And if they weren’t completed by then, they would be cancelled. Also bollocks. 

1 minute ago, Nine said:

Yeah perhaps, seems odd it was our name used and then PSGs. If that was their play it hasn’t worked very well.

Agreed! Only us interested! Let’s see who we sign now, could still be a late twist in this yet! 

It could well be true but let’s not forget that just a week or so ago we were hearing that Botman wanted the Milan move only and then he rocks up here. A lot of time left in the window for this to go through, the delay and the noise coming from this one defo suggests that something is indeed up though.

7 hours ago, BoSelecta said:

Fucking hell I would have thought a Newcastle forum would be one of the places where the term daft cunt would be taken as a benign jibe. Some pearl clutching going on here.

I think the only people I’ve ever referred to as ‘daft cunt’ have been mates…

At this point it’s very difficult to separate his agents behaviour with his own endorsement of it.

I have absolutely zero interest in having any player at the club who thinks he’s above it. That sort of rotten attitude seeps into the whole setup, you make allowances for him etc and suddenly you have an unmotivated group.

No ta, even if his agent buckled this evening and caved in to whatever our offer was.

I really hope Ashworth and Howe are thinking along the same lines too.

I’ve said it on this thread, will say it again - the lad and his agent give off strong Anelka vibes, only by Ekitike’s age Anelka had won the (English) double and played for France.

The numbe of scuffed / lucky finishes from his goals last season are suggestive of a player who may have had a purple patch of luck.  Add to that a clown for an agent and we should be staying well clear. 

Lad appears to be a weapons grade cunt with hamstrings like supernoodles. Does well at his current club and PSG Will hoover him up as Mbappe 2.0 for when version 1.0 goes to Spain or the PL.

I’m sure the club knows what it’s doing anarl, but I can’t help comparing the fuss this transfer has generated vs how Bruno was brought over.

Bruno wanted to come here to prove himself, and be part of a future winning team - and he bought the vision and was willing to bet on it, work hard for it and be a star if he grafts hard for club and fanbase. He had a personal decision to make, agent or no, and he made sure he came. And that’s why it happened quickly, with all parties pulling together.

This Ekitike saga smacks of a kid and his agent thinking short term, selfishly, and not at all being sold on our vision. It’s like the opposite of the Bruno signing. He may still sign, he may score goals for us, but I don’t think he would catch on with us like Bruno has. Bruno made his sacrifice by betting on us. This kid has been hiding for five months from us.

8 hours ago, PeepShow4life said:

So anyone who doesn't agree with you is a 'daft cunt'?

Not going to state my opinions on Wood again, especially as this isn't even his thread but people are allowed to have opinions different to yours.

Always good to keep wood on the bench - it’s nice to know if you’re not scoring you’ve still got wood

8 hours ago, BoSelecta said:

Fucking hell I would have thought a Newcastle forum would be one of the places where the term daft cunt would be taken as a benign jibe. Some pearl clutching going on here.

Genuine question- wtf is pearl clutching?

Guest HTT II
Just now, Gawalls said:

Genuine question- wtf is pearl clutching?

It’s the more expensive clutching at straws…

Just now, HTT II said:

:thup:

Smart arse!! - disclaimer (surprised I can spell that), started a new role at work- been a shit day and I’m 5 whiskeys deep so my posts are gonna be shit.