Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Smart arse!! - disclaimer (surprised I can spell that), started a new role at work- been a shit day and I’m 5 whiskeys deep so my posts are gonna be shit.

My man (thumb up), I’m a double whiskey down myself. Njoy!

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Smart arse!! - disclaimer (surprised I can spell that), started a new role at work- been a shit day and I’m 5 whiskeys deep so my posts are gonna be shit.

Hopefully it’s a congrats in your new role btw, meaning it’s going to be good for you!

Just now, HTT II said:

My man (thumb up), I’m a double whiskey down myself. Njoy!

Cheers, genuinely wondering if I should stop posting and just read at this point. That buzz I have is strong 

Just now, HTT II said:

Hopefully it’s a congrats in your new role btw, meaning it’s going to be good for you!

It is congrats but maybe too much for little old me. Sometimes it’s better sticking to what you know but it’s only first day.

Management is tough and political man

8 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Genuine question- wtf is pearl clutching?

Imagine you live in Downton Abbey and your maiden aunt is clutching at her pearl necklace when you explain the synopsis of ‘two girls, one cup’. 

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

It is congrats but maybe too much for little old me. Sometimes it’s better sticking to what you know but it’s only first day.

Management is tough and political man

Whiskey helps! 😉 This time next week it’ll feel more familiar (….unless you keep on the happy water obvs). 

2 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Whiskey helps! 😉 This time next week it’ll feel more familiar (….unless you keep on the happy water obvs). 

The first day is the hardest right?

We’ve had some great frenchies over the years but they do like a sulk.

Throw entitlement into the mix and it spells trouble.

At least the South Americans know what hard graft is all about.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

We’ve had some great frenchies over the years but they do like a sulk.

Throw entitlement into the mix and it spells trouble.

At least the Mexicans know what hard graft is all about.

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, LV said:

It’s not. 

I probably don’t even want to know, I’ve never heard that phrase before like!

5 minutes ago, HTT II said:

We have had some great frenchies to be honest - ginola, Robert, Ben Rafa - and many more I imagine.

For some reason I want to say - my god I miss Bobby robson 

Delete my post from yesterday if this is true.

Yeh great it's his career do what he wants blah blah but if he's told us he wants to come, which he has or we wouldn't bother trying to agree a fee with Reims.

Don't trick us to increase your profile. Prick.

I know playing clubs off each other is par for the course but across six months is taking the piss. Especially when they're not playing us off anyone that's actually interested. 

You're welcome to fuck off in to mid-table Ligue 1 obscurity for the rest of your days if that's how you want your agent acting.

Spoiler

If this deal suddenly ends up revived then of course it was never in doubt and he's going to become a club legend. :aww:

Guest HTT II
14 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

We have had some great frenchies to be honest - ginola, Robert, Ben Rafa - and many more I imagine.

For some reason I want to say - my god I miss Bobby robson 

Even some of the flops have been talented, but just never worked out and aye, I think we all miss Sir Bobby, I would be glued to the telly just listening to his pre and post match press talks, I loved how he’d go off on a tangent and I only the other day watched the Bobby documentary with Lineker, I imagine our training ground and stadium was on a par with the best back in the day, but the way he was waxing lyrical about doors, skirting boards, carpets etc. just full of pride he was managing his dad’s club, his club. And he delivered!

4 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Even some of the flops have been talented, but just never worked out and aye, I think we all miss Sir Bobby, I would be glued to the telly just listening to his pre and post match press talks, I loved how he’d go off on a tangent and I only the other day watched the Bobby documentary with Lineker, I imagine our training ground and stadium was on a par with the best back in the day, but the way he was waxing lyrical about doors, skirting boards, carpets etc. just full of pride he was managing his dad’s club, his club. And he delivered!

I remember reading somewhere when he said Ashley refused him entrance to Newcastle but niaill quin sent a limousine round to pick him up, take him to Sunderland matches, feed him and fill him with him drink then take him home but he still couldn’t cheer them on to win. The bloke was a legend

41 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Genuine question- wtf is pearl clutching?

Getting offended by something trivial or over exaggerating your offence; particularly  in a debate or conversation in order to derail it.

2 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

At this point it’s very difficult to separate his agents behaviour with his own endorsement of it.

I have absolutely zero interest in having any player at the club who thinks he’s above it. That sort of rotten attitude seeps into the whole setup, you make allowances for him etc and suddenly you have an unmotivated group.

No ta, even if his agent buckled this evening and caved in to whatever our offer was.

I really hope Ashworth and Howe are thinking along the same lines too.

Tbf to Ashworth and Howe, the noises coming out of the club last week were that this deal was more or less dead. I think we've more or less said that was our final offer and the only way this deal was getting resurrected was if the Ekiteke camp came to us. Seems like that's not going to happen and no doubt we'll already be making moves on other targets regardless of the player's position.

I can kind of understand the agent wanting to milk this one for all it’s worth, in 2/3 seasons we’re up there with the top teams so there may not be a move up for him, he may not want to go anywhere. So those agents fees for big moves might not be what he thought he was getting for this kid.

Madrid will always be a draw but it really depends on what we’re playing for.

If the lad spoke to any neutral about this, they would say that his agent is being a cunt. He must be aware of this, surely, the fact that he hadn't intervened or ditched his agent speaks volumes in itself. 

As someone else said, he's a less talented Anelka with wet tissue paper for hamstrings. No thanks. Hope the club formally announce that it's off to deter other publicity parasites.

Talks collapsed in January but Newcastle have now agreed to pay €31m (£26.4m) to sign Ekitike, with Reims president Jean-Pierre Caillot confirming to France Bleu that everything is now in the hands of the player.

"Yes [there is an offer], it is very concrete," Caillot admitted. "It's an offer which suits us very well and which, in my view, is sportingly interesting for the player and it is now up to him to make his choice, it is not for me to do so.

"From now on, it is his advisers who must move forward on this one. If it's not done, it's because his advisers have not yet wished to move forward with this club."

When asked to confirm whether he was speaking about Newcastle, Caillot chose to remain tight-lipped but admitted that the negotiations are hardly a secret at this point.

"We're remaining discreet but, hey, it's an English club. You know which club we're talking about."

Caillot continued: "[Ekitike's agents] have not yet started to move forward on the deal on which we are in agreement.

"It's part of their game, and there are lots of agent structures. There are big agent firms that have connections in all directions and it's often easier to work with these people than agents who only have one player. I spent enough time on the transfer of Axel Disasi, who was advised by his brother, and it was very complicated. So I hope that won't be the case with Hugo."

Just seen these quotes from about a month ago. The Reims president already told us what was going on. We must have all missed it back then.