Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

10 minutes ago, Slim said:

Dont get the hate like. Done well to get a move to one best clubs in the World.

Foden hardly played for City for ages now look at him.

Sure he will develop more playing with Messi and Naymar then Wilson and Wood.

I imagine the annoyance is down to them mucking about over the transfer, instead of being clear on either not wanting to join, or wanting to wait on PSG first. Instead the agent was apparently at one point not even answering calls.

Regarding development, that will mostly be down to coaching and getting enough playing time on the pitch. Playing with Messi and Neymar as opposed to Wilson and Wood is not really the issue as far as that goes.

1 hour ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

Fuck him. As other have said, he's a less talented Anelka with all of the bad attitude, less of the talent and hamstrings made of wet tissue. He's an absolute parasite who wasted our time to get a deal to a 'big' club. Now he's got it, I look forward to him rotting in their reserves. His agent has made a nice little earner though.

Main thing is - we can focus our effort on actually signing a decent striker now, rather than trying to engage with this time waster. Well played Eddie for pieing this cunt off.

[emoji38] Fucking hell.

Good for the lad, must be surreal to go to the first practice and see Messi, Neymar and Mbappe next to you. He will still be young too even if he fails to break through at PSG.

If a NUFC fan is salty that someone chooses PSG and Messi over our beloved project that hasn’t really even left the station yet, give your head a shake ffs. :lol:

I think the idea of it is far better than the reality, Messi hasn’t got much time left, Neymar isn’t wanted and Mbappe is on that retarded contract where he’ll be a poisonous influence if he chooses to be.

The club have basically said the party is over in terms of Hollywood signings.. they want locals, ideally Parisians but at the very least French players.

They paid big for a champions league and they failed, repeatedly.

I said it before, once the World Cup is done with, their interest in PSG will dissipate.

12 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I think the idea of it is far better than the reality, Messi hasn’t got much time left, Neymar isn’t wanted and Mbappe is on that retarded contract where he’ll be a poisonous influence if he chooses to be.

The club have basically said the party is over in terms of Hollywood signings.. they want locals, ideally Parisians but at the very least French players

All this is good for Ekitike, no? Gets to play and practice with Messi and Neymar for a while and then they are gone.

They stalled and messed us around but fair play to them for pulling this off. The higher we aim with acquisitions, the harder it'll be to get deals done, especially if we're not in Europe never mind the Champions League. With him being a one-player operation, I thought Ekitike's agent was a know-nothing chancer, but it looks like he's played this one well.

Apparently the bid we had accepted was 26 million quid, so that's what is burning a hole in some FFP-friendly structured package thing in our pocket.

Edited by Stottie

9 hours ago, KaKa said:

Will be fascinating seeing how this plays out for him over there. If it goes pear shaped, can't say I'll feel bad for him. Should have just been up front about not wanting to join.

In any case, we should be right in for Kalimuendo now PSG have gone for him. Oddly enough PSG are brining him in over their own exceptionally super talented youngster that has just proven himself at Lens the past two seasons as a teenager! Both similarly versatile and well rounded strikers.

Would be hilarious if we get Kalimuendo and he ends up doing better with us than Ekitike ultimately does with them.

All I’ve seen of Kalimuendo is a highlight reel. So apologies if it wasn’t representative. Have to say though, development potential acknowledged, I wasn’t impressed. Seemed decidedly average at everything. Scrappy goals, imbalanced dribbling, iffy touch… not the kind of selection of best contributions to games which would give confidence that the usual contribution to games is going to be PL standard. 

Etikite has played two thirds of a season in the first team. Has half a dozen unremarkable under 20 caps. PSG obviously see something in him, as did our team, but he’s a long way from the finished article. It must feel great, for him, to be wanted by PSG, but can’t help thinking he might have developed quicker/built a more solid foundation if he had come somewhere like us. With more playing time and reliance upon him. Though maybe he’ll go to PSG and be straight out on loan. 

5 minutes ago, Bompeter said:

Can’t believe he’s chosen to go to one of the best teams in the world who will challenge for the Champion’s League for the next ten years straight. Stinks of a lack of ambition. 

Only a couple of hours drive from his home town as well. Idiot.

Probably like someone from Carlisle turning down some big foreign clubs to join us.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

3 hours ago, Scoot said:

So what was that bullshit in January about being concerned about how much game time he will get here etc? [emoji38]

:lol: Tbf not being a guaranteed starter at PSG is a bit different to not being a guaranteed starter at NUFC.

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

All I’ve seen of Kalimuendo is a highlight reel. So apologies if it wasn’t representative. Have to say though, development potential acknowledged, I wasn’t impressed. Seemed decidedly average at everything. Scrappy goals, imbalanced dribbling, iffy touch… not the kind of selection of best contributions to games which would give confidence that the usual contribution to games is going to be PL standard. 

There is no way you watched any compilation of his and came up with that assessment. I'm sorry but that is shocking!

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

No different to someone like Sterling joining Liverpool? If he backs himself, go for it. Worst case scenario he's at someone like St-Etienne or Nice in a couple of years time.

There were the likes of Owen Anelka or even CR7 Messi that able to make the big jump around 17-18 years old. However there were much more examples of players that were unable to make it and ruined their career. If we want to find an example, this guy is just like our Carroll - shined for us in EPL for a few months, got a great move to the top team, and then unable to cope with the change in system since he was still very raw at that time.

If Carroll stayed for 1-2 more seasons he should have a much better career since he could continue to learn the trade here, even taking into consideration of his injuries.

37 minutes ago, KaKa said:

There is no way you watched any compilation of his and came up with that assessment. I'm sorry but that is shocking!

Well one thing seems pretty clear, PSG and our scouting teams both seem to think Ekitike has more potential than him. 

10 hours ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

Fuck him. As other have said, he's a less talented Anelka with all of the bad attitude, less of the talent and hamstrings made of wet tissue. He's an absolute parasite who wasted our time to get a deal to a 'big' club. Now he's got it, I look forward to him rotting in their reserves. His agent has made a nice little earner though.

Main thing is - we can focus our effort on actually signing a decent striker now, rather than trying to engage with this time waster. Well played Eddie for pieing this cunt off.

So emotional.