Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

3 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:
11 minutes ago, maze said:

This kid sounds like a waste of time tbh

Hows that? He's had a breakout season and he's taking his time over his next career move

Because moving to Nufc should be a no-brainer :cool:

17 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

He looks quality and has insane potential. We would be absolutely fucking bonkers to throw our toys out the pram because he hasn't personally sucked Eddie Howe off yet.

Agree, but we don't want to be strung along to the extent we lose out on alternatives should he decide he wants to hang around in France for another year. Hopefully the club are in tune with what the kid wants.

When we were chasing Carlos in January it was clear he wanted to come, it was his club holding onto him. With Ekiteke there's always been this suspicion that he is reluctant to come here if there's any chance of an alternative, probably on the continent somewhere.

I had genuinely forgot about the lad over the last few days.  I think I sort of thought it wasn’t happening.  Whether he signs or not, still think the YouTube clips are a bit ‘meh’ - there is a lot of the Ayoze about the lad; the finishing looked more luck than technique.

He’s more than young enough to develop, and the clubs being linked are European heavyweights, so obviously there’s more to him than the clips suggest.  I wouldn’t be excited by his signing nor disappointed by his non-signing to be honest - couldn’t say that for Bruno or Trippier. 

1 hour ago, Joey47 said:

Worrying. I'm starting to think Agbonlawhore was right. 

He put it horrifically because he’s a cunt, and he’s lacking in self-awareness and forgets that Birmingham is a city that no fucker would ever willingly live in, but there is some truth to what he said.  It would be a difficult sell, and there’s a premium attached to getting a footballer to live in a provincial city.  If I’m Ekitike and I’m offered Paris or Newcastle, I know where I’m going.  As would most people if we’re being honest.

18 minutes ago, Peppe said:

Because moving to Nufc should be a no-brainer :cool:

Why is that? We have had 14 years of being run into the ground, and finished in the bottom half of the PL last season 

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I think he looks class in the clips. If he can develop physically he'll be a massive problem.

Yeah I really like him as well. I can understand why we are reluctant to give up on him,  I think he could develop into a really hot property pretty quickly. It's actually significant that he thinks he might be able to attract a CL club as well, he clearly fancies himself.

Seeing so many people saying we should sack him off because he obviously doesn’t want to come. Why do people impose such odd narratives man. Relax there’s a long way to go in this window and we’ll be far stronger by the end of it. 

39 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

He looks quality and has insane potential. We would be absolutely fucking bonkers to throw our toys out the pram because he hasn't personally sucked Eddie Howe off yet.

I think people forget that this is a 19 year old lad who has absolutely zero attachment of any kind to our club, same with Botman. 

I can't blame any of them for taking their time to decide where to go. They have no connection to the club and rightly putting their careers first. It's up to our negotiation team to make them buy in to whatever project there is.

27 minutes ago, worthy said:

I can't blame any of them for taking their time to decide where to go. They have no connection to the club and rightly putting their careers first. It's up to our negotiation team to make them buy in to whatever project there is.

Agreed but we also have to set deadlines on these things so we can move on and not miss out on other targets.