Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

I know Ryder is saying more of what we want to hear but I'd wager that he's got better contacts at NUFC than Luke Edwards.

Ryder is so Anal with his reporting that I'd be surprised if he ever made anything up.

3 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Re-read Ryder's article and they're definetly both guessing.

"Talks have taken place between Ekitike's agent and Dan Ashworth over the last few days".

Edwards - "Phonecalls are being ignored by the player and his agent".

Why would his agent be ignoring phonecalls? [emoji38]

I can understand Ekitike, being that he's on holiday, but unless the agent is also on holiday the absolute last thing he would be doing is ignoring phonecalls regarding a ~£30m transfer of one of his clients.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

If he ends up signing for someone else I’m going to end up with an irrational dislike for him 

I'd be more disappointed with our recruitment team tbh. After six months chasing we should have a handle on whether he wants to be here or not.

17 minutes ago, TRon said:

I'd be more disappointed with our recruitment team tbh. After six months chasing we should have a handle on whether he wants to be here or not.

If reports are correct, his agent being a dick is pretty unforseen.

35 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

You have to know when to hold em and know when fold em.

It’s our fault if we don’t walk away when you can see he’s a dick.

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

The agent works for Hugo, not the other way round. Surely there comes a point where the player can just say I want this move, make it happen. Let's not lose sight of the fact his agent doesn't make a penny if there's no move and the lad just stays put.

Can't help but think Ekitike is represented by Darren Lamb - phone unplugged, masturbating over the pen with the nude lady on it and telling Ashworth that he should sign Barry from Eastenders to play up front instead because "he's so versatile".

If the reports about stalling over moving here are true it makes you wonder why the dream they sold Bruno and Trips isn’t enough to convince this player or any other that’s at this sort of level, it obviously might be for personal reasons but I would love to know what’s actually being promised.

Edited by Nine

Just now, Nine said:

If the reports about stalling over moving here are true it makes you wonder why the dream they sold Bruno and Trips isn’t enough to convince this player or any other that’s at this sort of level, would love to know what’s actually being promised.

Trippier said he didn't get sold on anything, wanted a move back to England and preferably the north before we were even in for him. 

14 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Trippier said he didn't get sold on anything, wanted a move back to England and preferably the north before we were even in for him. 

I don't believe that, at least not fully. That may have been a big part but if he thought there was no hope he'd have found someone else. I think both can be true, they sold him on the project and he wanted to go back.

2 hours ago, Pilko said:

Can't help but think Ekitike is represented by Darren Lamb - phone unplugged, masturbating over the pen with the nude lady on it and telling Ashworth that he should sign Barry from Eastenders to play up front instead because "he's so versatile".

“You’ll pay him how much? you’ve got more money than sense mate”

If we're sorted with Reims and it's literally just a case of the agent trying to get more cash out of us, you'd think a resolution should be pretty achievable. This could happen time and again though throughout the summer, so you wouldn't necessarily bet against our guys making an example of the situation and refusing to bow.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

If we're sorted with Reims and it's literally just a case of the agent trying to get more cash out of us, you'd think a resolution should be pretty achievable. This could happen time and again though throughout the summer, so you wouldn't necessarily bet against our guys making an example of the situation and refusing to bow.

If the player wants to sign I imagine he'll get sick of his agent pissing about, in time.

Anyone know who else his agent has on their books? It sounds like a case of them having an unknown youngster shot to near stardom and them trying to milk it for everything.

9 minutes ago, KDT said:

Anyone know who else his agent has on their books? It sounds like a case of them having an unknown youngster shot to near stardom and them trying to milk it for everything.

It's this geezer, only seems to post about Ekitike but looks like he might have a smattering of other young players in Ligue 1 under him. So you could be right, he's seeing this as the big pay day. 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cd3tEWkgx5J/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Only the one player listed on Transfermarkt so that obviously isn't up to date: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/overtime-sport-agency/beraterfirma/berater/5287

Aye, he clearly thinks because we’re Dollar United he can play hardball for more cash. I’m glad we’re not being pushed around. Was reassuring to hear Romano talk about our approach yesterday