Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

18 minutes ago, Cronky said:

This lad was always a bit of a gamble, so I'm not too disappointed.

If it means we go for Diaby instead, then great.

Diaby won't want to come, we have literally nothing to offer him currently. All the top players want to play in Europe straight away. 

Massive amount of time wasted on this deal. Taken too long, even quite some time before this. Should have come to a conclusion earlier. 

Plenty of time yet.

Edited by Ikon

I know there was some regulation a few years back on agent payments but it seems to me FIFA need to re-visit. A player's agent should be paid by the player; a percentage of their salary/benefits. That same agent would have a conflict of interest if they were receiving anything from the buying or selling club. Don't know what has happened here but other sports have absolute transparency on player deals. Seems a mess nobody can resolve.

The good thing is that now we know the funds and people are in the right place to move on and bring someone else in. Under Ashley this would have been 'well, we tried' and nee fucker coming in.

Guest reefatoon

Bet Reims are pleased that his agent is a greedy cunt. They now miss out on a pay day. Reims want to sell, we want to buy, looks like the kid wanted to come. All in the bin because of some greedy agent. Well done to him.

The kid seems to have poor representation, which is somewhat understandable because he is only young and has only just burst onto the scene.

Think he'll ultimately get poached by a bigger agency, once the current agent messes things up for him like he's doing now, and he then wises up and moves on.

No surprise that we have now pulled out, and despite all the hype, there doesn't seem to be any other clubs actually putting in bids. Think his agent is pissing teams off.

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

Bet Reims are pleased that his agent is a greedy cunt. They now miss out on a pay day. Reims want to sell, we want to buy, looks like the kid wanted to come. All in the bin because of some greedy agent. Well done to him.

Also worth noting the biggest fee they’ve ever received for a player was £5m. Article states they won’t accept less that we offered now. I think we’ll be back before the end of the window.

2 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Reims must be fuming. It would have been a big pay day for them, which I imagine doesn't happen that often.

All it takes is for him to drop off a bit next season or get injured and the interest will disappear, or the price of the offers will drop significantly.

36 minutes ago, St1pe said:

I still think it will happen. If there’s a full agreement with club and player I’m surely we’ll grind this one out. 

I’m pleased the club aren’t being taken for mugs. 

No one else will be interested if we are being priced out of a move. The agent is fucking himself and his client over. We can't wait to hang around so I would imagine we'll look somewhere else now unless the Ekiteke camp realises they have pushed us too far. I think for it to happen now the agent will have to relent pretty damn quick.

Great stuff from the club if true. Refreshing not to do the usual and cave to these money grabbing agents who seem to want what’s best for them and not who they represent. 
if Ekitike bought in to these demands then good riddance to him as well. 

This seemed inevitable to me so I’m pleased if it’s happening now instead of later. The player has had an age to sign and there are no reasonable obstacles to getting it done.

1 minute ago, Zero said:

Get the fuck in. Move on to the next target

Alternatives are a bit tricky unfortunately. Strikers cost a bomb, and we can't do what City and Chelsea did when they started getting bankrolled by states. They were able to pick up 30+ year old players by offering a bit of extra cash, but we can't really do that because of FFP. We already chucked £25m at Wood because we were in a desperate position. A genuine class striker is not going to be easy to source. The best bet would another up and comer like Ekiteke, but one who actually wants to come here.