Jump to content

Hugo Ekitike (now playing for PSG)


Miggys First Goal
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, RS said:

Great stuff from the club if true. Refreshing not to do the usual and cave to these money grabbing agents who seem to want what’s best for them and not who they represent. 
if Ekitike bought in to these demands then good riddance to him as well. 

This ^

Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly the kid has had 1 good season in his professional career; if him and his representatives want PSG so bad, I hope they get the move. Genuinely think it’d be a very poor move for him though and he’ll end up at some mid-table German team looking to resurrect his career 3 years later.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kimbo said:

This seemed inevitable to me so I’m pleased if it’s happening now instead of later. The player has had an age to sign and there are no reasonable obstacles to getting it done.

 

Basically this

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Honestly the kid has had 1 good season in his professional career; if him and his representatives want PSG so bad, I hope they get the move. Genuinely think it’d be a very poor move for him though and he’ll end up at some mid-table German team looking to resurrect his career 3 years later.

 

Absolutely, think they've got way too carried away.

 

Most other clubs that have noticed him will likely want to see him do it again next season.

 

We've just tried to jump in early and show some faith in his abilities, and it's seemingly gone to their heads.

Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, hakka said:

 

Apparently wearing a suit makes you competent and less greedy by default. :lol:

It’s not the suit, I would just want someone really boring looking handling my contracts and not somebody who looks so vain and self obsessed

Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's be honest this won't be the last of it will it. Its gonna roll on and on until he leaves the club he's at and we are gonna keep getting linked

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, James said:

It’s not the suit, I would just want someone really boring looking handling my contracts and not somebody who looks so vain and self obsessed

 

The majority of them are crooks, but I get what you mean.

 

The fact the guy isn't sharp enough to be more subtle about things doesn't bode well for him.

 

He'll get replaced soon enough. The bigger agencies will poach Hugo off him. Just a matter of time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Who else would match the fee and his agent's demands? That's right, no one. 

 

If the player is not against it, we'll sign him. Same with Botman. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, we don’t know if it’s the agent, far too much guess work being peddled by no nowt journos who time and time again get almost everything wrong!

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Mind you I wouldn't bet against this being a play to make the agent get a grip. 

I really hope not - I’d rather miss out on him and send a message out that when we walk away we mean it and won’t be back.

 

 Will serve us well in the future I reckon

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, James said:

It’s not the suit, I would just want someone really boring looking handling my contracts and not somebody who looks so vain and self obsessed

 

I think I sort of get your point, it just sounds unusual as dress sense and levels of boring doesn't equate to competency.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

I really hope not - I’d rather miss out on him and send a message out that when we walk away we mean it and won’t be back.

 

 Will serve us well in the future I reckon


I dunno, if the agent (s) realize they’ve overplayed their hand and return with more reasonable demands I wouldn’t turn them away. I’d rather we sign our priority targets than resort to being petty.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nine said:

His agent said this after we failed in Jan - 

 

He told French title L'Equipe via Inside Futbol : “We were not convinced about the sports project and we saw no short or medium-term plan with their approach.

“Hugo has achieved great things in just six months but as he is attached to the club, we agreed with the leaders to end the season with Reims.”

 

 

Translated

 

Then: "We think they'll end up relegated."

 

Now:  "They're rich, I want to get paid too!"

 

 

 

 

Edited by Consortium of one

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, McCormick said:


I dunno, if the agent (s) realize they’ve overplayed their hand and return with more reasonable demands I wouldn’t turn them away. I’d rather we sign our priority targets than resort to being petty.

 

 

Yeah, I guess it depends on how cheeky the agent has been. If he was really refusing to answer calls like one of the articles stated, and has been requesting crazy stuff, then we'll just have to leave it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, McCormick said:


I dunno, if the agent (s) realize they’ve overplayed their hand and return with more reasonable demands I wouldn’t turn them away. I’d rather we sign our priority targets than resort to being petty.

 

Get your point but I don’t - set our stall out and say we won’t allow the Piss to be taken,, we’re not Man Utd.

Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, junkhead said:

Who else would match the fee and his agent's demands? That's right, no one. 

 

If the player is not against it, we'll sign him. Same with Botman. 

 

But the club don't want a repeat of January where we spent the whole month setting up the deal only for him to tell us to fuck off on the last day. We can't afford to hang our hat on him, we have to move on to someone who wants to be here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TRon said:

 

But the club don't want a repeat of January where we spent the whole month setting up the deal only for him to tell us to fuck off on the last day. We can't afford to hang our hat on him, we have to move on to someone who wants to be here.

As much as I trust the club and their signings- this one worried me anyway as I think he’s too inexperienced after just one season in a less stressful league and the thought of him being our main man when Wilson gets injured (and he will) isn’t a jolly thought.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It would have been nice to sign him but after all this time id bin it off and move on, let somebody else deal with it..... whats milan upto these days :bluestar:

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

If the agent comes back immediately with more acceptable fees I'd still string him along.

 

String him along and get him to stand on a specific area in Mandy's office, then..

 

 

 

CarelessSaltyKoala-max-1mb.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...