Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

Reading up more on him, I think the big thing that has really got this guy noticed by our bunch, aside from his forward play and goal scoring ability is the work rate and pressing off the ball, which Howe places a lot of importance on, and really values from his front men.

35 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Reading up on the kid and he is incredibly ambitious and driven. I really like his mindset.

He's an absolute shithouse too which means we have to get him. The balls on him to celebrate in front of Marseille fans after he scored against them with all the crowd trouble going on in France atm is worth top dollar on it's own.

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

He's an absolute shithouse too which means we have to get him. The balls on him to celebrate in front of Marseille fans after he scored against them with all the crowd trouble going on in France atm is worth top dollar on it's own.

Yeah, love his confidence. Really think this team needs a lot more characters in that regard, that don't wilt under the slightest bit of adversity.

19 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Based on absolutely nothing, this club isn't spending €30m on a footballer they've only watched play 19 games. 

I have a feeling he's been scouted for a few years now and is making the step up they'd anticipated. 

To have the attention he is getting, not just us but lots of other top teams interested, this must be the case. Players that hit a purple patch or that were off the radar just don't get this attention so quickly or have teams jumping this early. Teams would have done for Michael Owen I guess but it seems teen stars are much more dime a dozen these days whether they are overhyped or there are just so many more emerging and getting minutes. 

14 minutes ago, toontownman said:

To have the attention he is getting, not just us but lots of other top teams interested, this must be the case. Players that hit a purple patch or that were off the radar just don't get this attention so quickly or have teams jumping this early. Teams would have done for Michael Owen I guess but it seems teen stars are much more dime a dozen these days whether they are overhyped or there are just so many more emerging and getting minutes. 

Yup. Especially interesting that we're pursuing him to this extent in the situation we find ourselves in too.

A 19 year old striker valued at €30m with only 17 games top flight experience isn't the most orthodox of targets for a relegation battle unless they truly beleive he's exceptional. 

Edited by Thumbheed

I don't know Ekitike, but we are currently playing with a quarterback and they all need receivers. It's a waste to have Shelvey in the team and no one to ping it over the top too. 

Liverpool do it plenty to Salah and long balls/fast transitions to Vardy helped Leicester win the league.

1 minute ago, Minhosa said:

Tin hat on but, based on my very limited Dennis Wise scouting, he doesn't appear a natural finisher tbh.

Looks like the kind of player who is capable of making his own chances though through directness and pace, which often makes up for natural finishing anyway. 

Not sure what to say about him going by YouTube alone. Some players look impressive and some don't. Hard to judge. I do however like the sound of him being very highly rated. Also having the confidence of a cat. 

3 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

I don't get what people are actually watching. Calling him Sholaesque, saying he's clumsy. Not seeing that at all myself. 

I’ve only watched one compilation of his goals and he certainly looks like a hard worker but from the goals I seen he seems to scuff a lot of them, didn’t look a particularly clean striker of the ball. 

But it was one 4 minute video, imagine those at the club might have seen a bit more of him…