Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

15 minutes ago, madras said:

Any sillier than loan back for the rest of the season and 30% of any future sale ?

Or possibly you get rid of your stupider clauses and so will we ?

Aye but the selling team can ask for whatever they want, he's their player. Percentages of next sales are very common for young players also.

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I mean, if that last bit is true that's taking the piss a tad. :lol:

It would explain the lack of movement on other transfers if those are the types of add-ons being added.  

23 minutes ago, triggs said:

Aye but the selling team can ask for whatever they want, he's their player. Percentages of next sales are very common for young players also.

Sure, they can quote whatever they want but we can equally deem the 30% sell on clause on top of a 30-40m payment plus loan back ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

There is a clear lack of cogent transfer negotiations I think anyone can see that. Who is conducting the business for us?

If you believe everything you’re reading, then yes.

But the majority of these stories are entirely fabricated either by journalists to get clicks, or by agents / clubs to drive interest in their players.

The best tactic is just to wait and see. See what we end up with by the end of the window. I think it’s clear that this is a really difficult window to get good players in, so it’s understandable that it hasn’t all been smooth sailing. I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and see where we are in 10 days time.

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

That offer is perfectly reasonable like. 

Dunno like - we are about to be relegated to the Championship so it is kind of ridiculous. And how much of the 35 mil was if we win the Champions League? 5, 10, 20?

Most of this must me made up crap, it's clear we really miss a DOF but was never going to be easy signing players in our position and in January. Every manager has said how hard it is to sign players in this window and its obvious clubs have been adding stupid amounts on top of value. People saying it can't be that hard during January must know more than any other professional that's been in the game for many years. If it's only a few million added I'd say pay it but not an extra 10 or 20 and some are nearly double. Think the owners are obviously trying as I've never seen so many players linked although most are made up shit. I think the best we can hope for now is some loan deals next week and maybe 1 permanent if can get anyone we want to come.

I've got a massive problem with people picking and choosing which rumours they believe and which they ignore. You can't just believe the ones you want to be true and disregard the ones you don't fancy, it doesn't work like that. The truth is probably somewhere between the 2 extremes and I personally don't trust a single one of these vague tweets and quotes from random as I don't trust them either. 

I tend to ignore pretty much everything reported on twitter and in the rags, it's invariably utter shite. It's far easier. When it happens it happens, until then it's bollocks. 

4 minutes ago, midds said:

I've got a massive problem with people picking and choosing which rumours they believe and which they ignore. You can't just believe the ones you want to be true and disregard the ones you don't fancy, it doesn't work like that. The truth is probably somewhere between the 2 extremes and I personally don't trust a single one of these vague tweets and quotes from random as I don't trust them either. 

I tend to ignore pretty much everything reported on twitter and in the rags, it's invariably utter shite. It's far easier. When it happens it happens, until then it's bollocks. 

Who knows if it's true - but can't blame people questioning it.   

37 minutes ago, LRD said:

Sure, they can quote whatever they want but we can equally deem the 30% sell on clause on top of a 30-40m payment plus loan back ridiculous.

Aye but we're the ones trying to sign him. Them quoting us something ridiculous is their right as the selling team. Us bidding something ridiculous is just wasting time

More than one source reporting it

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1552828/Newcastle-Hugo-Ekitike-bid-rejected-impossible-clause-included-Premier-League-transfers

Caillot told Le Quotidien du Sport: “They offered us €35million (£29m) in total but with many bonuses, some of which were almost impossible to achieve. Like winning the Champions League.

Asked what it will take for the prolific Ekitike to be prised away, the 60-year-old added: "We want €30m fixed and an extra €10m in achievable bonuses."

30m with incentives like 5m if we stay up and 5m on his performance like once he scores 10 goals is a fine deal. A lot for a kid whose played ~900 minutes of first team football like, but it's where we are and the likelihood is he'll be an upgrade on what we have.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

11 minutes ago, duo said:

Again, it’s irrelevant what the sources are. Doesn’t make it true, and if it is true, it also doesn’t include much detail. So what if there’s a Champions League bonus in there. There might be a tonne of other bonuses in there that they’re just conveniently not mentioning.

It’s literally completely irrelevant anyway. We will sign who we will sign. It’s pointless getting worried about the deal specifics.

1 hour ago, triggs said:

Both clubs can ask for whatever they want, I mean yeah he's their player, but if they have any interest in selling him then there are limits to what they can ask for.  I'd say a loan back, in our position, is one of those limits.

Edited by Teasy

3 hours ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Or… again… is ANY of this actually true? Can’t help but feel that a tonne of these links are being drummed up by agents or clubs to increase interest in their players.

Got to keep reporting. Even when there is nothing to report.

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I mean we can only go off what we read, otherwise let’s not discuss any deal then. Imo it’s ludicrous to put a CL clause in a contract for a team who are 19th in the league. Indefensibly stupid. 

I think on the surface it does look that way. That being said the time horizon for this kid and the reported investment to come in the club does change it ever so slightly. 

Also Reims reported demands we’re also from a similar stupid place :lol:

All of that aside, do we even have the structure in place to be signing such a player? At this time without play liaisons in place and skeletal backroom team lacking a director of football, director of player development etc this all seems Ill timed. Shola would have this lad on loan to Darlo or something.