Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

1 minute ago, Holmesy said:

That's more like it! When he has highlights like that, why put together a compilation of scrappy deflected goals, scuffed penalties and run where he just bundles through players, like the one above?! Baffling!

Suits peoples agenda!

YouTube is no real barometer as has been said but he looks a pain in the arse to play against if nowt else. He's got that Jonas-like quality where his daft long legs seem to defy everything you know about close control. I get worried about skinny players n'all, particularly after the likes of Jacob Murphy and literally everyone we bought in 2014/15, but this lad's only 19 and if he bulks he'll be a fucking unit. Joelinton was a bit of a rake in his early Hoffenheim pics too. 

Exciting signing. 

From those clips, he doesn’t always catch the ball that cleanly and seems to play entirely on his right foot. But I like his technical ability and he looks like he’s got good movement and is a quick thinker. For 19, there’s a lot of potential 

1 minute ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Raw but importantly gives us a different dynamic in attack to Wood. Hopefully he can run in behind for some of Bruno's line splitters.

He can, one of his best attributes.

4 minutes ago, OoOGazOoO said:

I think it depends on the expectations, kind of reminds me a bit of the Joelinton situation - brought in to score goals and thus judged on that with a hefty price tag.

I think Ekitike looks very skillful, and can provide something different for us. However, if we are bringing him in as a goalscorer, I think we may be disappointed.

I have exactly the same feeling about this, feels much like Joelinton’s signing.

11 minutes ago, cranna said:

I watched Ekitike aginst Bastia this weekend. I don't think he is the "new Mbappé" at all, he's nowhere near as fast and technical, but he definietly stands out in a poor Reims side. This is a gamble.

It is, but sometimes you have to do that. Spurs gambled on Bale, and look how that turned out. Wasn't straight away either, as he was bought as a left back and over time matured in to this beast of a winger / forward.

Ekitike is definitely raw right now and has big potential. His end product is impressive for someone that's only just been given his chance. I just hope we get fucking lucky and this guy evolves in to Thierry Henry levels of a player :lol:

This kid will be class in a 2-3 years. Find it very strange that people go crazy about reports and analysis for Bruno but ignore glowing reports for this guy and focus on a dodgy YouTube compilation