Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

Just now, Dokko said:

I do wonder if Scotland left if theyd accept Geordie asylum seekers. I live closer to Edinburgh than I do London and if they leave, I'd rather join them and let little England craic on and tory their way in to oblivion. 

If the Tyne could be the hard border I'd be Buzzing. 

Just get a head start by going now.  You can give up your U.K citizenship once they go independent.  Then when you come back over as an illegal we can send you to Rwanda :lol:

7 hours ago, Awaymag said:

Just vote independence and leave us in peace.  I do hope though that if you do vote, England put up trade barriers and royally fuck the scots.  4m scots, 50% on benefits and they claim the rest of the UK are holding them back.  

Sick of people whining all the time.

I need a break from forums.  So depressing man.

[emoji38]

7 hours ago, Awaymag said:

Just vote independence and leave us in peace.  I do hope though that if you do vote, England put up trade barriers and royally fuck the scots.  4m scots, 50% on benefits and they claim the rest of the UK are holding them back.  

Sick of people whining all the time.

I need a break from forums.  So depressing man.

5 hours ago, Nucasol said:

Nice couple of weeks to shake out any final interest from other clubs.

It is interesting that his post was his first in English. Maybe he's learning so that he can say "no thanks".

FVX7EZFXsAILuZn.jpeg.jpg

Edited by The Prophet

A few sources have now said his agent has been hawking him about.

The Reims president claimed we'd agreed a fee weeks ago, so there's definetly something slowing it down, whether that's his agent or just that he was playing in the Toulon tournament who knows.

The RMC article says we've already started to look at alternatives, which would make sense if the above is correct.

Edited by The Prophet

Yeah you would assume if that’s true we have moved on to someone else. Still maintain it would have been risky relying on him to be the main back up to Wilson next season and this may turn out to be better for us.

Edited by SUPERTOON

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

A few sources have now said his agent has been hawking him about now.

The Reims president claimed we'd agreed a fee weeks ago, so there's definetly something slowing it down, whether that's his agent or just that he was playing in the Toulon tournament who knows.

The RMC article says we've already started to look at alternatives, which would make sense if the above is correct.

We were just yesterday linked with the young Benfica prospect Goncalo Ramos who is really promising as well, and is a similar player.

Also as @Nucasol says, we have also previously scouted the young PSG striker that tore it up at Lens last season, and so maybe he's a possibility too.

I get the feeling Ekitike's agent wants to get him to PSG as they will likely throw more money at him in agents fees. Think the kid may be getting bad advice. Sucks for him, but more than happy to move on. There some other really good young strikers out there.

Feel indifferent about getting him to be honest.

Won't be too upset either way.

Tough one with Wilson, love him and would take him as our main striker for next season but you just can't rely on him for 30+ league games.

I imagine we’ve got other targets lined up that we’ll be pushing on with more now as we’ve clearly put a lot into this one already and it’s unclear if it’s going to come off. I’m sure that we’re already doing this but it feels like we should make an ultimatum with a specific date if we haven’t already done so 

Couldn’t be arsed with this kid anymore, you either want to play for the club or you don’t.

It’s also probably a case of this kid thinking he’s all that and then some. Can’t fault confidence but there’s a way of doing business and his agents have been fucking about non stop.

9 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Worrying. I'm starting to think Agbonlawhore was right. 

I’d be more worried if we were losing out to the Brentford’s and Leeds rather than potentially PSG, Dortmund and Milan. City had the same sort of initial build stigma even without the shackles of FFP.

Agent probably trying to hawk him around and get some bigger clubs interested.

I'm sure we have a backup if this lad doesn't fancy it. And if come closer to windows end if he is still there a deal will be done.

It's one of those where you have to trust the recruitment team. They'll know the game, whether the player wants to move and if his agent is playing games. 

When you're trying to attract Champions League calibre players or those with the potential to be, you won't win them all. The club showed in January they are willing to walk away and the back up options tend to be decent too.

Edited by The Prophet

It seems with the calibre of players we are looking to bring in, and us being at the very start of our project, the players aren't exactly desperate to be here. Can't really blame them, but it's a bit disappointing.

Just now, Sean said:

It seems with the calibre of players we are looking to bring in, and us being at the very start of our project, the players aren't exactly desperate to be here. Can't really blame them, but it's a bit disappointing.

Yeah. We've been spoiled with Bruno. And given the way he has slotted in, I'd be reluctant to buy anybody that didn't share his attitude. No arrogance, I totally get why players might be reluctant, and we should try our best to convince them, but once the convincing is done and they're still uncertain, let them go.