Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

2 hours ago, HTT II said:

I also think Targett’s fee will be seen as part of the January transfer window spend, which they were willing to spend money on a LB as we were linked with Digne, but went for the try before you buy option. Not that any of the rumoured amounts we will spend mentioned by the so called journos means anything, as they have proved they know fuck all. We’ll spend whatever we can on the right players, a modest fee for say Pope, or a big fee for someone else. I mean these are the same journos and Twitter accounts that had us offering Benfica silly money for Nunez just a few weeks back. 

it doesn'#t really make any difference to how much they'll spend in the first year.

57 minutes ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

Their finances are scadalous. I think they launder a huge amount through the Spanish Government where they buy things like their training facilities from the government at knock down prices.

That happened long before FFP was introduced. Like decades. 

The reason Perez wants the super league is that Real Madrid can’t compete with the PL and oil clubs.  Real are a smartly run club (stadium renovations aside). I suspect the cost of the players on the field vs Liverpool were cheaper in terms of transfer fees than Liverpools. 

It’ll be forgotten that these £30m+ fees will be spread over multiple years with several clauses.

It’s not MA’s NUFC anymore where we are led to believe everything has to be paid upfront so we’re handicapped.

If we spend £200m this summer (we won’t, but as an example), it’s probably actually only £100m this year.

We can then increase our revenue over time which will support the future clauses plus allowing us to do other business each year. We’ll have actual real sponsors.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Based on the reporting, Hugo has already been convinced. We need his agent to reduce the slice of pie that he's after.

True. Maybe he will put some pressure on his agent now

5 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

It’ll be forgotten that these £30m+ fees will be spread over multiple years with several clauses.

It’s not MA’s NUFC anymore where we are led to believe everything has to be paid upfront so we’re handicapped.

If we spend £200m this summer (we won’t, but as an example), it’s probably actually only £100m this year.

We can then increase our revenue over time which will support the future clauses plus allowing us to do other business each year. We’ll have actual real sponsors.

Very good post and good points

4 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don’t get why anyone thinks this window will be significantly affected by FFP. We haven’t spent anything for years. 

Even if we did slightly overspend we could easily bring more money in next season or the one after. 

Simon Jordon said if we structure the deals right we could spend upwards of £500 million