Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

I trust the club to get the right man if we miss out on this one. I've not really commented on him but the saga is boring now . Bit like Botman if it happens fair enough, if not I'm not stressed . Never watched anything about him, is he any good?

Read a couple of scouting reports on Gouiri and they say that although he is a great flair player and has great technical ability, he is very lightweight…

may not adapt well to prem???

5 hours ago, KaKa said:

You are absolutely gagging for some overpaid "big name" signing, and it's just not going to happen man. The likes of Pogba that you were suggesting are a complete no go. They're clearly targeting high calibre talents on their way up, which is the best approach, particularly for the manager we have, and I have no doubts we are going to be very competitive in the league really quickly.

Nope. I don’t think we can get the right marquee signing until we are in the Europa league or close. 

The first summer Mancini was manager of City I think they signed David Silva, Milner, Dzeko and Toure. Something like that. There was a window they signed a couple legends and then the next they signed Aguero. 

We aren’t at that place just yet. We need 2-3 more Botman level signings. Start to be a serious top 8ish side so people can see this project is serious. Then we could get the type of player Arsenal, maybe Spurs and Man U should go after. A step above the Villa’s and Everton’s.   

I really hope Howe can lead us.  Because another big statement is getting a ‘been there done that’ manager. 

Mancini signed Adam Johnson, Viera and Fulop in his first window and the following year (2010/11) he signed Toure, Silva, Ballotelli, Kolarov, Milner, Boateng and Dzeko at a cost of £156m (+Steven Ireland!). That sort of outlay would probably cost 3 times that today, I’d imagine. I’m happy with the way we’re progressing right now- good potential, young, hungry players rather than aged players who’ve done it and want a last payday, and paying prices we deem to be acceptable. 

7 hours ago, christ said:

Theoretically we could spend a fortune but it could impact our ability to invest in future windows.

You’d think the club recognise that level we’re going to be competing at in a few years is going to require greater financial flexibility hence the reason we’re being quite conservative. 

Last thing you want to do is try and speed run it like Everton and be lumbered with a load of shit on massive contracts.

Exactly

they’re planning for the future and sensible rather than blowing all our allowance in the first few windows.  You don’t get to be worth hundreds of billions by being like a kid in a sweet shop when running your business.

We’ve been told time and time again by howe he won’t be spending crazy money immediately and that wasn’t  just lip service.

Edited by Gawalls

21 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Mancini signed Adam Johnson, Viera and Fulop in his first window and the following year (2010/11) he signed Toure, Silva, Ballotelli, Kolarov, Milner, Boateng and Dzeko at a cost of £156m (+Steven Ireland!). That sort of outlay would probably cost 3 times that today, I’d imagine. I’m happy with the way we’re progressing right now- good potential, young, hungry players rather than aged players who’ve done it and want a last payday, and paying prices we deem to be acceptable. 

I suppose  the first transfer window was January?  Backup GK, leader in the dressing room short term, a young prospect. Apart from Johnson those were short term squad fillers. 

I think eventually we’ll need a window like the following one. All of those were players 21-26 on the way up. Those were signings the likes of Arsenal would’ve wanted. 

I think we are at least a year away from that and several commercial deals too. 

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Nope. I don’t think we can get the right marquee signing until we are in the Europa league or close. 

The first summer Mancini was manager of City I think they signed David Silva, Milner, Dzeko and Toure. Something like that. There was a window they signed a couple legends and then the next they signed Aguero. 

We aren’t at that place just yet. We need 2-3 more Botman level signings. Start to be a serious top 8ish side so people can see this project is serious. Then we could get the type of player Arsenal, maybe Spurs and Man U should go after. A step above the Villa’s and Everton’s.   

I really hope Howe can lead us.  Because another big statement is getting a ‘been there done that’ manager. 

“Botman level” despite you claiming he can’t run? Cool.

1 minute ago, Beth said:

It's obvious he does not want to come here, so why continue to pursue him?

It is obvious his agents are fucking around. Most reports say he agreed terms a long time ago. Similar to Botman I don't blame him if PSG are waiting in the wings, he is French and it could be a dream for him playing there.

We are just at a weird point where we are suddenly in the conversation with proper world class talents but still at the point of being automatically first choice with people. Naturally. The project is exciting and great but players can have short careers and playing for CL club competing for titles in their domestic league will always trump potential longer term glory.

If we deem the player that much of a difference maker to our future then I have no problem waiting. Seems to have worked with Botman though so we shall see. If its not done this week I fully expect us to move on to a more central striking target and leave this to chance whether it can be revived later in the window. 

Not one of us on here know what's happening with the deal, what the issues are and who is causing them. Eventually I'd agree that at some point in the near future a decision needs to be made but I'll let the people trying to do the deal make that decision and back them whatever they decide. Just let them get on with it and trust them to act in the best interest of the club, I know it's a novelty after Ashley, but theorising and speculating isn't going to change the facts. Couldn't be more relaxed, he'll either sign or he won't. If he doesn't then someone else will :)

It's important to note Man City had a takeover shortly before Mansour came in, and had already brought in some decent players:

image.thumb.png.3789ab0f6b1875484cd74aeab07f603f.png

That's the level we are starting out at imo. Not at the point where they got taken over by Mansour.

42 minutes ago, Conjo said:

It's important to note Man City had a takeover shortly before Mansour came in, and had already brought in some decent players:

That's the level we are starting out at imo. Not at the point where they got taken over by Mansour.

It’s not 

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

Well, somehow I liked this City team back then. Some interesting signings like Petrov, Elano, at that time it looked like a new approach in transfers. But these players mostly flopped there, so they just started sticking to the more expensive players as they do it now too. And it worked. 

Kompany and Zableta were both bought pre Mansour, City had started to spend heavily pre their 2nd takeover although they bought a lot of rubbish.

shows the impact of FFP - can’t afford to have a load of flops now, to progress almost every signing has to come off.

city bought about 3 big money strikers a year for years until aguerro - simply not possible anymore

Edited by WilliamPS
Spelling