Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

1 minute ago, relámpago blanco said:

We tried to sign Carlos and Botman. 

I never said we didn't, though not at the same time either. Don't know why some are trying to pull me up on this, when all I mentioned (correctly) was that the 'expert' stated that we had moved on to Botman from Carlos, which is incorrect.

2 hours ago, duo said:

Sounds like Ekitike's entourage want a bigger pay day than we're offering

I can't see anyone else offering a bigger one, although I suppose PSG could if he's happy to sit on the bench behind Mbappe, Neymar and Messi. Maybe we could go for one of those on a one year loan if they are surplus to requirements over there.

4 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

Ah fuck him. Move on. Lad seems far too big for himself after one decent season in a shite league. He’d be off the minute a bigger team fluttered their eyelashes at him - not one to build a team around.

Decent half a season 

9 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

None of you have a clue what you're talking about or what's going on. :lol: Exactly the same was claimed about Botman, with the same know-nowt posts saying we should move on. A few weeks later he's signing for us.

Nah, the Botman deal was always about finding an agreement on the fee with Lille.

We've agreed a fee with Reims for Ekitike since January!

15 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Nah, the Botman deal was always about finding an agreement on the fee with Lille.

Isn't his point though that we don't really know what's going in. 

According to a majority of journos, there's a problem with his agent, there's a been conflicting reports on what that is (fees, sell on clauses and him not answering calls/not turning up for meetings have all been suggested).

A lot of those reports also state that we've agreed terms with the player, while others say that he's turned us down.

He may well be holding out for a better offer, but the Botman saga should teach us that we have no idea what's going on, other than the snippets that we're given by those with a vested interest.

Edited by The Prophet

11 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Whether it was always about that or not, we had report after report saying he wanted to go to AC Milan followed by posts on here along the lines of 'he clearly doesn't want to come here. Move on' which is my point, no one had a clue. No one has a clue

Likewise there have been reports that Ekitike wants to come here and it's his entourage that are being difficult. That and being wrong about Botman doesn't stop people posting about him apparently not wanting to come here and how we should move on though. :lol: 

Edited by Kid Icarus

The Botman reports of wanting to go to Milan all came from Italy, which became apparent quite quickly. We were never going to know who he wanted to join until a bid was accepted, and up until just recently no bid was accepted.

We have agreed a fee with Reims since January. All the hold up is at the player/agent side. I think it's all very clear really.

14 minutes ago, KaKa said:

The Botman reports of wanting to go to Milan all came from Italy, which became apparent quite quickly. We were never going to know who he wanted to join until a bid was accepted, and up until just recently no bid was accepted.

We have agreed a fee with Reims since January. All the hold up is at the player/agent side. I think it's all very clear really.

It didn't just come from Italy. The best we got from UK journos at one point was that we hadn't given up. There were also reports that Lille had accepted our offer and AC couldn't match it and Botman was hoping they would.

Why group player/agent like that when there are stories about it being specifically the agent holding things up and that the player wants to come?

In short no one knows anything and no one learns any lessons. :lol:

Edited by Kid Icarus

14 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Sounds like the agent trying to invent a new bidder. Aye you’re  gonna replace a generational striker with a lad who’s had half a season. 

Yep seems like the agent trying to generate a bidding war and/or changing the goal posts re agent fees. I can’t imagine we’ll hang around too long if that’s the case 

44 minutes ago, McCormick said:

I think people want to move on because of the dodgy agent and the time it’s taking. Which is fair enough?

He could tell his agent to shut the fuck up tbf.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

He could tell his agent to shut the fuck up tbf.

To be fair to the lad he’d probably barely heard of us given his age and his agent is likely telling him all these massive clubs are in for him. 

6 hours ago, et tu brute said:

I never said we didn't, though not at the same time either. Don't know why some are trying to pull me up on this, when all I mentioned (correctly) was that the 'expert' stated that we had moved on to Botman from Carlos, which is incorrect.

It was clear would would have signed both I think. Burn was the 2nd choice for Carlos. I'm glad we signed burn and hopefully Botman.