Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

8 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Burn is the reason I don’t get Dummett’s contract extension tbh. He’ll be first back up to Botman and Targett you’d think? I don’t see any scenario where Dummett plays.

Maybe because they're going to sell Lewis and Manquillo, it's the only reason I can think off. 

I’d like to see us keep Lewis until January. Manquillo just very unlucky he got that injury the same time as Trippier against Villa because there’s a good chance he’d have been in at right-back the next game. By the time he was fit again Krafth had earned the shirt.

19 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Burn is the reason I don’t get Dummett’s contract extension tbh. He’ll be first back up to Botman and Targett you’d think? I don’t see any scenario where Dummett plays.

Ever since I listened to a few Ashworth interviews I've been thinking that Dummett is going to be one of those players that's used at U21 level to help develop players and bring them through.

38 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Dummett's a local lad with great attitude. Like Burn but more history at the club. Think he's worth more to us in a mentor role than what we could probably get in transfer fee. Could end up as a coach.

11 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Dummett's a local lad with great attitude. Like Burn but more history at the club. Think he's worth more to us in a mentor role than what we could probably get in transfer fee. Could end up as a coach.

Might be right, nothing else makes sense to me at least.

18 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

More thinking in terms of taking up a squad place in the 25. We’re stretched as it is and will find it hard getting takers for players who missed out in January or barely scraped in. Just letting his contract expire would have been one less headache.

26 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

More thinking in terms of taking up a squad place in the 25. We’re stretched as it is and will find it hard getting takers for players who missed out in January or barely scraped in. Just letting his contract expire would have been one less headache.

No guarantee he gats a squad place, but I think there's room for him. Don't think we're going out and buying 10 new players so he'll probably be ok.

I don't think we're stretched at all. There is a lot of deadwood to shift.

Edited by Happinesstan

25 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Yeh that’s my concern.  

a part of me thinks - that the club thinks some club will pay money for Dummett and Longstaff….

and no such club exists.  

1 minute ago, Happinesstan said:

No guarantee he gats a squad place, but I think there's room for him. Don't think we're going out and buying 10 new players so he'll probably be ok.

Why give a player who might not make the 25 man squad a new contract?

he would’ve been 23-25 at the start of the summer (incl. Targett). 

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Why give a player who might not make the 25 man squad a new contract?

he would’ve been 23-25 at the start of the summer (incl. Targett). 

That was just a caveat. My main thought is that you can't be stretched for squad places AND overloaded with deadwood.

2 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

I don't think we're stretched at all. There is a lot of deadwood to shift.

Stretched probably the wrong word. We have a lot of deadwood to get rid of that we’ll find difficult getting shot of due to their salary in relation to ability and what clubs their level can afford. Dummett is in that category. We have Targett, Lewis, Burn as well as Manquillo & Trippier who can play left-back, plus numerous centre-backs (inc Krafth in a back three). Just seemed a waste. 

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Stretched probably the wrong word. We have a lot of deadwood to get rid of that we’ll find difficult getting shot of due to their salary in relation to ability and what clubs their level can afford. Dummett is in that category. We have Targett, Lewis, Burn as well as Manquillo & Trippier who can play left-back, plus numerous centre-backs (inc Krafth in a back three). Just seemed a waste. 

Yes but Dummett has value to the club in other areas. And could be here for years to come in a coaching capacity. 

9 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Yeh that’s my concern.  

a part of me thinks - that the club thinks some club will pay money for Dummett and Longstaff….

and no such club exists.  

What kind of profit do you think they are envisaging? I know they say look after the pennies.. but howay.

He’ll be on about £20k a week though? £1m a year is a helluva lot for that side of things. Would hope we’d start moving away from the ‘jobs for the boys’ culture too, we already have Harper, Ameobi & Ramage. Ramage at least went away and learned his trade.

Agent: “we want x, y & z before we sign.

The club: “nope, you can have x but not y & z”

Agent leaks info.

Media: “Bayern want to sign…”

The club: ……………

Agent leaks info.

Media: Newcastle are back at the table for talks…

And so on.

12 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He’ll be on about £20k a week though? £1m a year is a helluva lot for that side of things. Would hope we’d start moving away from the ‘jobs for the boys’ culture too, we already have Harper, Ameobi & Ramage. Ramage at least went away and learned his trade.

When it's Ashley picking the boys I agree. I trust Howe's decision. I'm not certain but I'm sure Dummett has been getting his coaching badges, so where do you want him to go to learn his trade? Is he not better learning it alongside Howe?

Edited by Happinesstan

2 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

When it's Ashley picking the boys I agree. I trust Howe's decision. I'm not certain but I'm sure Dummett has been getting his coaching badges, so where do you want him to go to learn his trade? Is he not better learning it alongside Howe?

Thing is, it's normally bad to blindly trust people but Eddie seems to have this under control. Your theory might be right and he has my support as he's earned it. Not that he would ever give a shit what I think.

1 minute ago, McDog said:

Thing is, it's normally bad to blindly trust people but Eddie seems to have this under control. Your theory might be right and he has my support as he's earned it. Not that he would ever give a shit what I think.

It's not blind trust, tbf. Howe fills me with confidence with everything he says. and every player he gives a contract to. Why would I question this decision?

11 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Aye, the other clubs that he's been linked with are PSG, Dortmund, Bayen and Real Madrid. The former could be credible with Campos at PSG but I wouldn't be surprised if it was all agent generated.

Unless they're going to buy him and loan him back, I don't think he's good enough for PSG, Real or Bayern.