Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

The fact we chased him two windows suggests he's someone we fancy highly. If we were to revisit it in the summer I'd be on board. If Botman had knocked us back people were saying the same about him and we know he's fucking mint. The level we're aiming at I don't think we can afford to be petty like that especially when the scouting team and Howe all clearly wanted him.

I think Isak was the "Ekitike" signing. I doubt we will revisit that profile of player again, anytime soon.

On the other hand, if its clear hes available at a good price and can prove his attitude to our hierarchy, you never know.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

I think Isak was the "Ekitike" signing. I doubt we will revisit that profile of player again, anytime soon.

On the other hand, if its clear hes available at a good price and can prove his attitude to our hierarchy, you never know.

I'm hoping Kuol is that signing. 

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

Wish him well but that ship sailed.

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

I'm all for setting up a cheeky loan bid for Ekitike and then pulling out at the last minute when he is at the airport.

That's not wishing him well :lol:

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

The fact we chased him two windows suggests he's someone we fancy highly. If we were to revisit it in the summer I'd be on board. If Botman had knocked us back people were saying the same about him and we know he's fucking mint. The level we're aiming at I don't think we can afford to be petty like that especially when the scouting team and Howe all clearly wanted him.

Did Botman actually reject us? It felt more like we couldn't agree terms with at least one of him or Lille before the end of January. Besides, he/his agents didn't then dick us around for a second transfer window.

I've got no hard feelings toward him, especially as it was probably agent-driven. But purely from a practical sense I don't want to spend time on someone that doesn't seem genuinely interested in the club and it's project. He's young so I didn't hold the January rejection against him but I honestly think if PSG hadn't have come in for him he would've rejected us again in the summer.

Howe and the club have done wonders in identifying good characters so I'd trust them if they go back in for him but I honestly don't think they will.

17 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Before I looked it up I would say 14th - 26th.

They're 17th in the all-time PL rankings. That's absolutely their level.

I’d say 20th, for no other reason than that is their average league position since the commencement of the Premiership/Premier League.

21 hours ago, STM said:

Yep. I think this applies to other potential signings like Jao Pedro as well. Especially now we've got that Kuol kid as well who looks a bit special.

Everton and Villa will be in there for Pedro now you would imagine, they both like to pick up the crumbs from our table.

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

I mean.. we are still playing Jacob Murphy.

A couple big differences between us and the likes of Arsenal. The bottom of their squad has quality youth products like Nelson and middle of thrit squad high-potential youngsters like Vieira and Marqinhos - even the likes of Lokonga.

Can’t say much for the others you mention, but Reiss Nelson is certainly not a great prospect. Couldn’t even hack it at Feyenoord last year. I’d have a “Howed” Murphy over him every day of the week.

Edited by Unbelievable

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Yep. I think this applies to other potential signings like Jao Pedro as well. Especially now we've got that Kuol kid as well who looks a bit special.

Everton and Villa will be in there for Pedro now you would imagine, they both like to pick up the crumbs from our table.

Plus we're looking at a few young Brazilian players aswell.

27 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Can’t say much for the others you mention, but Reiss Nelson is not certainly not a great prospect. Couldn’t even hack it at Feyenoord last year. I’d have a “Howed” Murphy over him every day of the week.

Maybe so. But they still have Smith-Rowe, Vieira, Nketia, Marquinhos in reserve and they are in the market for another attacker.

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Hope we don’t think about going back for him.  I was unconvinced at the time and now it looks like he’d break our ‘no wankers’ policy

Think Joao Pedro then Isak were the alternatives and since we hoyed all our eggs into Isak I doubt very much he's on our radar now.