Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

4 minutes ago, La Parka said:

Can't we wack a plank of wood in the ground and use that to play off instead? Fuck knows what the deal is with this guy. Could easily be a mental issue because he at least looked like a footballer at other clubs! Pressure? 

Could be that he reads this forum :lol:

He’s not a target man and he can’t fulfil any role of a target man.

He’s an over sized poacher who needs a target man next to him.

With a central striker and 2 wide forwards either side, he’s completely redundant in our system.

16 hours ago, Newcastle Fan said:

For a target man he's quite a shit target, loses most of the 50/50s and when he does win the ball he usually just nods it out of play or back to the other team, one of the worst strikers to play for us and that dosn't look like it will change anytime soon.

I think statistically he wins a good amount of the balls sent his way. But it's irrelevant because he just heads them to the other team. He doesn't ever hold the ball up, he just loses it.

I hope to god Howe stops subbing him on with the concept that he'll help see out games. It is clearly ineffective. We are better with no striker and 3 of our attacking mids/wingers.

There was a particular moment last night where he won his header from a goal kick, had he have played a simple flick on to his right we would have pretty much been in behind but instead he just heads it back into midfield where a Liverpool player picks it up, so frustrating.

Edited by Nine

1 minute ago, Nine said:

There was a particular moment last night where he won his header from a goal kick, had he have played a simple flick on to his right we would have pretty much been in behind but instead he just heads it back into midfield where a Liverpool player picks it up, so frustrating.

I said in the match thread, there was one instance where he headed the ball and was twisting round to see where it had landed. He had no idea. :lol:

7 hours ago, La Parka said:

Can't we wack a plank of wood in the ground and use that to play off instead? Fuck knows what the deal is with this guy. Could easily be a mental issue because he at least looked like a footballer at other clubs! Pressure? 

It's not rocket surgery. He's used to playing in a team of orcs with a striking partner. I suspect he's more of your typical poacher pouncing on lose balls in the box that arise from Burnley's tactics. He's never a lone striker that's for sure. Could pick up a couple of goals if we ever bring him on to partner Isak or Wilson.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I said in the match thread, there was one instance where he headed the ball and was twisting round to see where it had landed. He had no idea. :lol:

The guy lacks awareness to a scary degree, did he look like this at Burnley? I can’t believe a player with his goal record in this league is so unaware of his surroundings in that area of the pitch.

46 minutes ago, Nine said:

Sounds like the moment I typed in the match thread that our players should be instructed to run to the point they least want the ball to land to have the best chance of getting to the second ball from Wood.

2 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

It's not rocket surgery. He's used to playing in a team of orcs with a striking partner. I suspect he's more of your typical poacher pouncing on lose balls in the box that arise from Burnley's tactics. He's never a lone striker that's for sure. Could pick up a couple of goals if we ever bring him on to partner Isak or Wilson.

rocket-surgeon-20110919-133159.jpg&f=1&n

:lol:

Edited by HawK