Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

9 hours ago, TotalWar said:

Ive got severe astigmatism in one eye, this prevents me from having binocular vision, so I cant judge distance very well. The brain learns to compensate, and so I still played cricket and football, but I tended to do exactly what Ive noticed them both doing. Just an idea anyway.

I've got bad astigmatism to along with a weaker eye due to a punch injury and judging distance is a bastard. Shop windows are a nightmare, the amount of times I've accidentally headbutted a window and shouted ow fuck and the people in the shop to turn and look at me.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Fair play if those are his quotes, he’s got a good attitude 

Agree. Admits he hasn't been at his best (and people can degrade that to suggest even his best isn't good enough if they want) then goes on to say he'll support the team and its progression regardless. 

Good, professional attitude. A cog in the wheel, if you will. 

He drops deep to link with midfielder leaving the space behind for the faster wide men. Not a direct threat like Wilson but there is a clear plan and he does his job well. Can't fault him at all today.

Was great today. Works his socks off every minute and would love him to get a few on the bounce to build some confidence. Speaks volumes that Eddie & Tripps both were singing his praises after the game in terms of his teamwork, work rate, attitude etc. 

Think we all know he's not the future of the club, but he's played an important role in keeping us up, and building towards a team set to qualify for Europe. When he goes I hope he'll be remembered fondly. Hate seeing him called a cunt or whatever else because he's not the most skilful player - it's the same shit Miggy used to get. We always used to say we just want a team that fucking tries - well Chris Wood tries, and that's all I can really ask of any of the players.

Love our entire squad these days tbh, not a twat among them.

Didn't rate his performance as highly as some today, but here's a thing - as much as we worry every time both our tippy top forwards are out injured, which has been a lot, we've still come away with results on every occasion. It can't be a total coincidence and we should probably stop worrying quite as much...

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Aside from maybe that attempted chip, he didn't put a foot wrong tonight, would love to see him keep it going. 

As others pointed out in the game thread, wasn't a simple chance on his weaker foot but really just barely missed it. Yes, he could have done better but again, he just missed it.