Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

8 minutes ago, OoOGazOoO said:

Just read an article which mentions that some clubs have enquired about Wood, but Howe is determined to keep him.

Apparently Leeds want a 're-union', no quotes so might just be absolute rubbish.

He’d be 4th choice at Leeds according to my best mate who supports them. Wouldn’t suit their style either - then again whose style would he suit in 2023?

Apparently some things online aren’t true.

On 08/01/2023 at 21:14, SUPERTOON said:

Watford enquired about him in the summer, we didn’t have the backup options to let him go at the time was the reason given for him staying.

Swap for Joao Pedro in the summer? Wood + 20M - not a bad deal

Let's hope Watford don't get promoted

On 08/01/2023 at 16:23, LFEE said:

He did the job he was brought here for. He’s doing the job planned for his second season. You’d always think his last season is the recoup a small proportion of his £20m fee phase. The only glitch in the plan was I think the club expected Wilson and Isak to be far more readily available and hopefully never unavailable concurrently. That sadly hasn’t been the case.

Ive always tried to defend him (our style of play, not many good crosses and how many actual chances have we created for him that he’s missed) but unfortunately the Bournemouth, Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday misses (two of which I even hoped for the lad were nasty bobbles) have sealed his fate you’d think. EH is a smart manager a CW seems a good pro so don’t foresee any issues as he returns back to 5min cameos for the rest of the season.

Still got a funny feeling he’s got one absolutely massive goal left in him this season…

The massive goal he had left in him this season came and went when he ballooned that chance over the bar against Sheffield. Not really that arsed about any massive goals he might have left in the locker, when he trots out in the starting line, my heart always sinks. Kuol's going to be loaned out, but hand on heart, I reckon he'd be much more effective if he was playing right now.

Just now, mighty__mag said:

I honestly think we're stuck with him, until his contract expires. Nobody would be bonkers enough to sign him, and nowhere near what we were daft enough to pay in the first place. 

Agree. I don't know why people seem to think we can sell him. The wages alone would put off the sort of clubs who might be interested. Especially if they were watching on Saturday.

He was bought for 2 reasons. One he was just about the only one available and we were desperate. Two he was bought to help us avoid relegation. He's done that and since then  we've taken bigger steps forward than most people expected.

The fact that he has zero aerial ability will stop him getting a move. Physically he looks like your typical big CF and there's still a place for that type of player in the game, but since he can't hold the ball up, shield the ball or win headers, what's the sales pitch?

"He's a nice bloke" doesn't warrant a £20m price tag and blowing your wage budget for 

Edited by Holmesy

After losing to Cambridge United and missing 25 chances we decided the answer was Chris Wood. But he doesn’t take any chances. So we’re still asking the same question: who will score routine goals for us? Not this lump for sure

18 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

He's reported to be on £100k a week. If that's the case he's going nowhere unless we heavily subsidise his wages and that's not really a road we want to be going down.

He's not on £100k a week, don't worry. Although £80k is £78k too much anyway.

3 hours ago, Holmesy said:

The fact that he has zero aerial ability will stop him getting a move. Physically he looks like your typical big CF and there's still a place for that type of player in the game, but since he can't hold the ball up, shield the ball or win headers, what's the sales pitch?

"He's a nice bloke" doesn't warrant a £20m price tag and blowing your wage budget for 

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/the-chris-wood-statistic-that-newcastle-united-fans-will-love-3525221

Shame he's unable to create anything at all though.

Hmmm.

Did he miss that chance against Wednesday on purpose? Was it all part of the plan that we would have a weekend off between 2 League Cup semifinal legs had we lost that FA Cup game?

Should we thank him now for missing that chance and avoid a replay or a 4th round tie?

Naaah. Fuck that and his shit miss. I should shut me brain down too for a while.

32 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Hmmm.

Did he miss that chance against Wednesday on purpose? Was it all part of the plan that we would have a weekend off between 2 League Cup semifinal legs had we lost that FA Cup game?

Should we thank him now for missing that chance and avoid a replay or a 4th round tie?

Naaah. Fuck that and his shit miss. I should shut me brain down too for a while.

Not a conspiracist by any chance 🙂