Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

5 minutes ago, STM said:

Tell you what has struck me most, the fact that north east journos are nowhere near this story. Everything has come from the Forest end.

Bodes well for any potential incomings.

We actually have a shocking selection of journalists covering the club.

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

It's not so much getting a striker in. Having 3 out and out centre forwards is always a bit much in the era of 1 striker systems. Wood was redundant once we got Isak. only the timing of that signing and his injury has kept him around this long.

A wide player or attacking midfielder can gives us more impetus/flexibility than having Wood on the bench. And ideally could be an emergency option upfront. I really hope this is the thinking.

Indeed I agree, he won’t be replaced with an out and out striker.

Sure that obligation means they need to stay up and he probably needs to score a few in the process. I'm not as confident that he'll actually make the move as others seem to be [emoji38]

Sincerely hope he pops a few in and goes permanently, which seems a bit shit but he's an absolute carthorse let's be honest. Nice lad, good in the dressing room, popular, gives his best etc. Painful to watch or rely on though 

2 minutes ago, midds said:

Sure that obligation means they need to stay up and he probably needs to score a few in the process. I'm not as confident that he'll actually make the move as others seem to be [emoji38]

Sincerely hope he pops a few in and goes permanently, which seems a bit shit but he's an absolute carthorse let's be honest. Nice lad, good in the dressing room, popular, gives his best etc. Painful to watch or rely on though 

I expect our lot to have put some serious work into making sure that an obligation is virtually sealed. 10 appearance or something.

Also worth remembering how haphazard Forest are when it comes to signing players.

Good luck to Chris, absolutely no ill feeling toward him but after that cup game my last shred of willing to defend him had finally broke[emoji38]

I hope he goes on and does good things for forest for the remainder of the season.

Great business this…. Wood did a job for us last season, we stayed up and we’ve kicked on much more than we could have hoped for this season… In previous years we would have held onto him until his contract ran out whether he was in the starting line up or not… so he leaves with only good wishes and the best of luck…

it’s now a case of buying better than what we’ve currently got and that includes every player in the squad, not just Wood…

This is ownership we can really trust and we know every decision they make is simply for this club and team to be more competitive and win trophies… Exciting times ahead…..

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

Did you watch Burnley the season we signed Wood? That tactic clearly wasn’t working. He was finished by the end of the previous season. 

Maybe, but Dyche kept picking him.  He played in almost every Burnley game last season until we bought him in January.