Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

Nobody is going to boo him at all. I think he leaves with everyone's best wishes having dug in here and done his best.

Did a job for us, but better for everyone that he moved on. It'll be interesting to see how he gets on - I'll be keeping an eye out for him.

I do think we need a replacement as he was a reliable squad player this year at the very least.

11 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'm astounded we've managed to recoup £15 million plus a loan fee for him. I was resigned to him leaving on a free in 18 months time.

Its honestly one of the best bits of selling business I remember us doing. Genuinely can't believe we've got so much for him. :lol: 

I don't know what Forest are doing but I'm very happy about it. 

Wood must've been over the moon when Newcastle got in touch with release clause money and a new contract on bigger wages. Fair play for coming into a relegation battle I suppose, but it was always an amazing opportunity for him. 

I'll never be convinced that he did much, but I accept I might just not be tuned in to the kind of thing he adds. If someone can give me an in-depth tactical analysis I'm up for changing my mind :lol:

Farewell, sweet Chris. 

He's not the answer for where we are now, and especially longer term, and potentially looks a good deal for us (possibly both clubs really), but at the same time, while he wasn't here that long, I am a little bit sad. Like many, I watch far more NUFC YouTube content these days, and it will seem strange all those 'Toon in training', match cams, overseas trips videos etc. and him not being around anymore. Many fans will be far more engaged and invested in Newcastle United these past 15 months, and he's definitely played his part in that re-emergence.

Hopefully we do get some sort of replacement in because despite what some say, he absolutely is 'better than nowt'.

Hope he gets some confidence and form back for them, big guy deserves it. Abuse he got from some sections of the fanbase was grim, a level of entitlement you usually see in Chelsea/Man Utd fans - genuinely concerning that we seem to be getting to that level of cuntery already and we haven’t even won anything 

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don't know what Forest are doing but I'm very happy about it. 

Wood must've been over the moon when Newcastle got in touch with release clause money and a new contract on bigger wages. Fair play for coming into a relegation battle I suppose, but it was always an amazing opportunity for him. 

I'll never be convinced that he did much, but I accept I might just not be tuned in to the kind of thing he adds. If someone can give me an in-depth tactical analysis I'm up for changing my mind :lol:

Farewell, sweet Chris. 

For a (not so) in-depth tactical analysis, watch the Cambridge game with Murphy/Maxi up top, then watch any subsequent game with Wood there instead.

Just now, LiquidAK said:

Hope he gets some confidence and form back for them, big guy deserves it. Abuse he got from some sections of the fanbase was grim, a level of entitlement you usually see in Chelsea/Man Utd fans - genuinely concerning that we seem to be getting to that level of cuntery already and we haven’t even won anything 

Did he even get that much abuse? The odd prick on social media mebbes but other than the odd sigh I never heard him singled out especially at games

1 minute ago, jack j said:

Did he even get that much abuse? The odd prick on social media mebbes but other than the odd sigh I never heard him singled out especially at games

Can’t speak to at games, but on twitter and to a lesser extent on here - yes, he got a lot of abuse and I’m convinced it’s played it’s part in him seemingly being bereft of confidence even after scoring the game before. 

Came in at a time when we were in desperate need of reinforcements. Never shirked away from his responsibilities, but ultimately wasn't good enough to lead our line for our ambitions this season and beyond.* The miss against Sheff Wed was probably the final straw for Howe. I've got no ill will against him at all. Yes, frustrations, but he's nowhere near our worst ever signing. Good luck to him, a nice little chapter in his career I'd imagine is how he would view it.

*Edit - I meant as cover for the injuries to Wilson/Isak. Not as a starter, obviously :lol:

Edited by SiLvOR

4 minutes ago, SteV said:

For a (not so) in-depth tactical analysis, watch the Cambridge game with Murphy/Maxi up top, then watch any subsequent game with Wood there instead.

Not exactly a high bar, but I get what you're saying. He's better than not having a striker, I accept. 

3 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Good luck to him.

Was never suited to Howes system and dont think we ever saw the best of him.

That said........£15 million british pounds?  :spit:

Involved in £40m worth of transfers in 2 seasons. Incredible really.

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Not exactly a high bar, but I get what you're saying. He's better than not having a striker, I accept. 

Howe does actually touch on it briefly in his presser today at about 4:45 in

1 hour ago, HawK said:

I won't pretend to understand how cash later is better than cash now for our current FFP restriction considerations, but I'm sure they know what they're doing.

1 hour ago, Skeletor said:

A get around for Forest, not us.

Aye, seems even those mad spending bastards have a limit.