Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

Good luck Wood, and thanks for saving us from relegation last season.

Fair to say in such a short time we've out grown him so a good move for both parties. Just hope to god the conditions for the obligation to buy is met so we can truly move on in the summer.

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

Good luck Wood, and thanks for saving us from relegation last season.

Fair to say in such a short time we've out grown him so a good move for both parties. Just hope to god the conditions for the obligation to buy is met so we can truly move on in the summer.

Chapter 6. The shithousery of the transfer! O0

4 minutes ago, 54 said:

Best of luck to him, he always tried his hardest, and played his part in keeping us up, hope he does well at Forest.

Seemingly if they stay up we get 15 million so, yeah. Hope he keeps them up!

Let's not forget this guy meowed at Kurt Zouma mid-match. Irrespective of his goal return, he'll always get a warm welcome from me in any return (if I ever manage to get a ticket to a match again). 

Edited by wormy

32 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Just had a look on the Forest forum. The contractual obligation is to June 2024? How does that work?

Also, they seem convinced that they won't be paying the £15m.

They know as much and as little as this. Certainly sounds like he won’t be back 

35 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Just had a look on the Forest forum. The contractual obligation is to June 2024? How does that work?

So they reckon he's got a contract with them for 18 months but they're not paying for him? That doesn't make any sense on any level.

Wish him well. Dug us out a hole by being a focal point for our team, even if his goal return wasn't what we wanted he played a big part in last season. Seems a great lad and always gave his best.

46 minutes ago, Wandy said:

They know as much as I know and I know nothing

22 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

So they reckon he's got a contract with them for 18 months but they're not paying for him? That doesn't make any sense on any level.

Wish him well. Dug us out a hole by being a focal point for our team, even if his goal return wasn't what we wanted he played a big part in last season. Seems a great lad and always gave his best.

Well they didn't listen to Howe's press conference then, when he stated that Wood was signing a contract, which would give him an additional year to what he had with us. No surprise for that bunch of cunt supporters making things up.

Edited by et tu brute

Nottingham Forest is delighted to announce the signing of Chris Wood from Newcastle United.

The striker joins on loan for the remainder of the season with a conditional obligation to become a permanent deal until the summer of 2024

So his loan is till the end of the season....and then after that they have to give him a 1 year contract? Sounds completely bizarre. When did his contract with us run to?

2 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Nottingham Forest is delighted to announce the signing of Chris Wood from Newcastle United.

The striker joins on loan for the remainder of the season with a conditional obligation to become a permanent deal until the summer of 2024

So his loan is till the end of the season....and then after that they have to give him a 1 year contract? Sounds completely bizarre. When did his contract with us run to?

6 minutes ago, Wandy said:

That's surely a typo as Howe stated in his presser that he's agreed to sign a contract which will give him an additional year on the one he had here. I know who I believe that's for sure. 

Edited by et tu brute

4 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Signed 2.5 year deal with us so that was running until summer 2024

Edited by Geordie Ahmed

It's has to be such a massive comedown going to a different club from Newcastle right now. Amazing manager, amazing squad harmony, training sounds fun as fuck, the club is finally going places again, etc. Then you end up in... Nottingham. Poor Woods man, no wonder he wanted to stay and fight for his spot. I'd play for fucking free if I had to.