Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

33 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Did we pay too much though? It's an easy comment to make but who could we have signed for less who'd have kept us up?

Literally any striker from League one and above could've given the sort of performances he's put in with us :lol:

32 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Did we pay too much though? It's an easy comment to make but who could we have signed for less who'd have kept us up?

Weghorst would have done a similar job IMO.

10 minutes ago, TRon said:

That's a bold claim considering Burnley bought him to replace Wood and promptly got relegated.

Want to try again?

11 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

That's a bold claim considering Burnley bought him to replace Wood and promptly got relegated.

Want to try again?

Nope. A team is made up of more than just a striker. Weghorst is at Man U now.

33 minutes ago, TRon said:

It would be quite a depressing watch but I think Wood may shade him in a race. 

I also think Wood was - more importantly - the easier to flog. He had the better CV and that got a bite from Forest. Weghorst ended up in Turkey and even now I can't imagine Man Utd buying him. At that point another loan to Germany seems probable. Vincent Kompany may get him firing but I doubt it. 

41 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Literally any striker from League one and above could've given the sort of performances he's put in with us :lol:

Then why didn’t Eddie just play Gayle were that the case?

7 minutes ago, Viana said:

It would be quite a depressing watch but I think Wood may shade him in a race. 

I also think Wood was - more importantly - the easier to flog. He had the better CV and that got a bite from Forest. Weghorst ended up in Turkey and even now I can't imagine Man Utd buying him. At that point another loan to Germany seems probable. Vincent Kompany may get him firing but I doubt it. 

I'm not sure you can use Forest biting as any sort of vindication, whoever was in charge of doing their transfer business has been fired. Shelvey and Colback as well. It's like he was an NUFC mole ffs. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...