Chris Wood

BeloEmre

How many goals will he score in the remaining 17 matches?  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Howay then…

I don’t think this is the doom and gloom signing people will make it out to be. I think he can do a job until the end of the season, and that’s all he’s here for. I’m not remotely excited but from a pragmatic point of view, I think he helps our cause 

Really can't understand why their would be opposition to this. He's a decent striker and we're absolutely desperate and it takes away one of Burnley's best players. Fits the bill perfectly. 

As underwhelming as it might seem, one very unscientific way that I judge a player is when they come on as a sub in a game do I think 'o shit' and I have with Wood. He's also not got a bad record so considering our dire situation this might be a decent signing when looking back through the mist of time.

Just now, gbandit said:

I don’t think this is the doom and gloom signing people will make it out to be. I think he can do a job until the end of the season, and that’s all he’s here for. I’m not remotely excited but from a pragmatic point of view, I think he helps our cause 

And weakens a direct rival in the process win win.

• Rich changed the title to Official: Chris Wood signs for Newcastle on 2.5 year contract
  • Rich changed the title to Chris Wood